PDA

View Full Version : Best vfx university in USA.

Ertipo
04-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Hello folk.

I'm a guy from VEnezuela. I 'd like to have a degree in Vfx/ compositing, but in my country there isnt any univ that offer that carrer. I dont know which one university in USA offer the best degree on it.

Any advise?

Thanks

JoshKirk
05-07-2005, 05:32 AM
I would like to more about this myself. Most of the other threads on here are mainly 3d modeling and animation heavy but not so much film post production. Outside california and new york, are there any good schools in the US?

Whelkn
05-07-2005, 08:05 AM
In my opinion you could just learn on your own. Get the books and practice. Go to school in an art related topic and get your degree. There are plenty of tuts out there to learn the skills you need. If you have talent you will not have a problem getting a job---practice practice practice.

Jeremy

Ertipo
05-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Hi bro.

ok...thanks for your advises.

You know, I have done 3dsmax baisc course in a Discreet Auth Center, photography(basic), avid pro and actually i'm learning combustion.

I really like vfx /composition. Also, i like to mix real video fotaage with 3d materials/ I know it takes time but I enjoy very much.

What do you do?

Thanks for your time.

Whelkn
05-08-2005, 06:55 AM
I do compositing at a studio in LA. I took the route I recommended above. So practice and learn to take criticism well and youll have a great career.

Jeremy

Ertipo
05-08-2005, 08:16 AM
ok...nice, thanks.

do you have any degree?

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2005, 08:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.