PDA

View Full Version : Game engines

visionist
04-27-2005, 07:33 AM
I was curious if there was a forum here on game engines like wild tangent and unreal, I just started working with unreal and had some question and this is my main question asking site, soo i thought that it would make a nice add on. If i might have missed something and there is something like this on Cgtalk please pass it on to me. Thanks

~~Visionist~~

durbdk
04-27-2005, 09:35 AM
This is more of an art site. Actually, this is and art site. Engines, I don't think will ver be here, and my personal opinion is that they shouldn't. That said, I can point you to a wonderful resource with movies over UnrealEd. Go to www.3dbuzz.com, register and download their videos. A massive amount of knowledge there! Good luck! :)

visionist
04-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Well that is your opinion and i believe your wrong, its like any other 3d package. Did you know you can make little movies in the editor, they’re really awesome and I have seen more art outa those then I am seen coming out on pen and paper in a long time. And it sound like you have a little attitude, So I dont want to argue. I am just looking for a forum to discuss some particle question<which i consider a form of art>

~~Visionist~~

durbdk
04-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Why does it sound like I have an attitude? Where's your attitude coming from? I make my own maps in Q#, HL and Unreal, I know the process. And, yes, I know what Machinima (probably spelled that wrong) is, and yes, I am aware that some of it is good; but why snap at me? All I did was tell you my opinion and give you some advice to try to help you out

I just started working with unreal and had some question

The point I was tryin gto make is that even though mapping contains artistic overtones, it ios fundamentally different from other forms of CG. Besides, even if we opened a forum here on CGTalk, it could never compete with the quality of other online mapping forums.

Remember, this is my opinion, Leonard and crew could decide to start a mapping forum here tomorrow, more power to them if they do. I really don't care, just please maintain an open mind when posting, listen to others comments and accept what is useful, disregard what isn't.

Good luck. Let me know if you need some resources for mapping.

erilaz
04-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Game engine discussion is best covered on the Game Development and Game Art sections. It already is to some degree. Perhaps set up a thead there specific to the engine you want to discuss.

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2005, 12:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.