PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon-Like color Palette

Carlos
04-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows where can I found a palette of color combinations to make cartoon images.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Carlos

Kirt
04-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Cartoon colors are typically oversaturated. Just begin with a color palette that you like and boost saturation. You're still faced with color theory problems depending on your mood and environments. So, I don't know that anyone is going to be able to just plop down a color palette and have it match what it is you are doing.

Carlos
04-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks Kirt for the fast reply. You are right, I guess I asked to much for so little explaining.
This is the character I am working on. I would like to use bright colors for the logo (I am showing just a part of if because the project is not finished and can't be shown yet).

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks guys,

Carlos

http://www.my3dmax.com/wip/color_test.jpg

http://www.my3dmax.com/wip/Logo_test_color.jpg

Kirt
04-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Well, I don't see a problem with what you have so far. It's certainly cartoon in appearance and color. Are you looking for colors that compliment the character or what? The only crit I'd offer without knowing more about what it is you're looking for ... is that the character's eyes are really bright and may be better to read it's expressions if you chose a darker color to contrast the whites of the eyes.

Other suggestions to try: make the caracter base orange rather than light blue, the yellow on his eyebrows to replace where the orange was, and the light blue to replace the yellow eyebrows. Add some sort of outline for the mouth (black rubberband lips?) to separate the now orange body from red.

I think those changes would help define the character's face better.

Carlos
04-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Thank you again Kirt,

I am going to try your suggestions. I appreciate your help.:thumbsup:

Carlos

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2005, 07:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.