PDA

View Full Version : Download the music video

Sirchced
10-04-2002, 05:27 PM
My brother and I just recently finished a music video for the band Hybrasil (www.hybrasil.com). We are really excited about it.

There is a little 3D in it that we tried to blend as seamlessly as possible. We used Lightwave for those shots.

Have a look and enjoy.
http://www.dbanimation.com/goldenvideo.html

rondo
10-04-2002, 06:11 PM
Cool song ... and VERY cool video. I really dig this style of animation.

Story line and concept is good too. Hope it get's lots of airplay!

I really couldnt tell what was 3d and what wasn't. I know that was the intent, but what was 3d and what was vector?

Again - good job.

Sirchced
10-04-2002, 06:34 PM
I'm glad you liked it... I hope it gets played too.

As far as the 3D elements... They are almost all of the setting during the chorus of the song. The old woman on the bench is the first although the woman herself is 2D. It's hard to tell but you can kind of see it if you keep your eyes on the trash barrel. The 3D in other scenes are much more obvious if you are looking for them. They are the playground, including the background buildings. The setting of the last chorus when the boy is walking through the park is 3D; the trees, the ground, the benches. The boy and the background outline of the buildings are 2D in those shots.

We pondered the idea of using a 3D version of the boy to cut down on the 2D animation production time for the 3D shots. But, after creating the 3D model and testing in those scenes he appeared too different than the 2D version. It was too obvious and we decided to take the extra time to draw him in 2D.

That's about it.

BishopLynx
10-04-2002, 06:37 PM
Very cool man. I like the style.:buttrock:

Frank Dodd
10-05-2002, 08:38 AM
Top stuff, a truly professional piece of work! The graphics and the music gel perfectly into a convincing, detailed and stylish production, even if the style was not to your taste (it is to mine) then you would still have to accept and appreciate its quality.

Today its hard for animation to stand out on its own and even harder for music in a very competitive and talent rich arena. Only when the two are combined with care and imaginative ideas do we see a piece of work like this. 5 stars.

Where are the credits!? These things will get downloaded and handed about from person to person, you need a credit on some thing like that.

PS: Thanks for the wide selection of download sizes and formats, its a real plus when you want to clinch a download from someone browsing by.

:applause:

Totitch
10-05-2002, 10:13 AM
Very very nice work! And intergration of 3D elements with 2D Is perfect!
It was really hard to see what was and whay wasn't!!!

Just a critic,Animation is a little slow sometimes...But maybe it goes with the soul of this movie clip! ;)

If you have screenshots and "Compositing pictures", can you post some of them...We will learn a lot i think...

Great work Sirchced!!! :thumbsup:

doggjaww
10-05-2002, 11:10 AM
.. i cried.. but then again, i'm a sucker for beautiful art. don't tell nobody :rolleyes:

Sirchced
10-05-2002, 12:20 PM
The video took a lot of work, all of it fun. So, I'm really happy that so many people like it. Someone even got teary... I would never have expected that one.

I agree that it can be slow in places. But they were all done that way for a reason. For example, In the first shot of the sad old woman, we felt that it was important to hold on her for a while so the audience could really get a sense of her Melancholy. There might have been a better way to show that, but at the time it just seemed right.

Thanks for all of your comments and support. It's really nice to see people entertained by something that took so much work to produce and was so much fun to create.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.