PDA

View Full Version : Local proxies for server based files, How?

danne_n
04-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I want to make a proxy preset that renders proxies from my server based files on my local disc with shake but my programming skills fails me...don't laugh! ;)
Do I need to name folders for the base files a certain way or can it be scripted so it takes whatever files in whatever folder?
Would be really nice if a folder with the same name as the server basefolder could be created in the local proxy folder for each sequence.

I will try to edit the nreal.h and see what I can do, but some tips would be really nice!

EDIT: Is there a way to get the proxies to be targa instead of original format?

danne_n
04-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Think I managed to get it to work as I wanted!
The <dir1>, <dir2>... gets the base images parent directory names

Comments and better ideas are welcome

DefProxyGroup("Local Proxies",

DefBasePath( "../base/<base>.<format>", "Auto", 1, "half|full;qtr|full;thumb|full"),

DefProxyPath("/LOCAL PROXY PATH/<dir1>/proxy.1/<base>.<format>", .1, 1., 1, "Auto", 0, 1, 0, "full|half;qtr|half;thumb|half"),

DefProxyPath("/LOCAL PROXY PATH/<dir1>/proxy.50/<base>.<format>", .50, 1., 1, "Auto", 0, 1, 0, "full|qtr;half|qtr;thumb|qtr"),

DefProxyPath("/LOCAL PROXY PATH/<dir1>/proxy.10/<base>.<format>", .33, 1., 1, "Auto", 0, 1, 0, "full|thumb;half|thumb;qtr|thumb")
);

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2005, 02:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.