PDA

View Full Version : Support for a 3d max BEGGENIR buddy is needed - "Please" - !!!

aqqaddoumi
04-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Although i am a begginer, i'm working on a small simulation project (using 3ds max) that aims to enable the user to navigate through a particular building using a 3d charechter (like in computer games). i'v managed to module a nice building which consisits of several corridors, and a kind of charechter (animated with pip files).

Note: the building is a kind of big, so i had to construct it in several files.

The Question is: how can i combine all this to accomplish my project ???
I know it's a big question, and the answer is even bigger. but any tip, resorce, linke or even a support message may help me!!

thank u and sorry for the long message

Ls3D
04-26-2005, 01:21 AM
F1 Xref & merge.

-S

aqqaddoumi
04-27-2005, 07:56 AM
the web site was nice and helpfull, but about the Xerf and merge that did'nt work befor because the files are too big and the sceine wsa complex that the computer didn't handle. and 3dmax reported an error

othoap
04-29-2005, 03:02 PM
how much RAM do you have? Minimum 1gig, more is better.

aqqaddoumi
05-02-2005, 09:08 AM
i do really have 1 gb of RAM, but that did'nt really work sufficientlly!!!
maybe the scene is too complex for the computer to hold, and more memory is needed.

Peddy
05-04-2005, 10:47 AM
post some screenshots, surely your computer can run it, either that or you've got a video card made out of cheese or you're modelling with way too much unnecessary detail.

LonTree
05-05-2005, 04:25 PM
too big a file?
maybe consider simplifying the geometry - i bet if you've got a scene of over 1000000000 polys you can get rid of many by killing the polys which will never be seen. also, consider checking the texture sizes - maybe you've got a 25mb PSD file applied to half of your objects. often it helps to use Display as Box function.

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2005, 04:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.