PDA

View Full Version : Painter essentials?

Tsukiyono
04-24-2005, 10:02 PM
What are the differneces between Painter and Painter Essentials? (the one that comes with the Graphire Tablets)

Jinbrown
04-26-2005, 03:52 AM
Hi,

Though I don't have Painter Essentials installed on my computer, it's my understanding that it's the current rough equivalent of Painter Classic 1 and Painter Classic 2 both of which used to be bundled with Wacom tablets.

They're very limited software versions based on full Painter versions and offered to get people interested in buying a full Painter version.

Painter Classic 1 was based on the full version, Painter 5 and Painter Classic 2 was based on the full version, Painter 7. I'd guess that Painter Essentials is based on Painter 8, though I don't know that for a fact.

Full Painter versions offer a huge variety of features and capabilities. If you want to learn what the current version, Painter IX offers, you can visit the Corel Painter IX website, read about the software, and download the free 30 day trial version:

Corel Painter IX Website (http://www.corel.com/painterix/home/index.html)

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2005, 03:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.