PDA

View Full Version : Inspired to improve anatomy

Serious Samm
04-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Hey guys. I've been recently hit with inspiration by this thread that i found at conceptart.org.....(sorry link isn't working now.)
Anyways its about some poster named mindcandy who went from no art skills at all to incredible art skills in about 2 years. I have always been drawing since very young and have had a passion for it but i never took it too serious. I have always had problems with sketching. I used to draw straight ahead without planning the overall image and in the end my drawings always looked dull and boring. The only thing i am good at is replicating an image by looking at it. So right now i'm gonna start to take drawing serious and will work day and night to improve where i'm no good at: anatomy.
I just downloaded all the loomis books but im kinda lost on where to start.
Which is the best book to start of with? Are they all in order from begginner to advanced?
Or are they all separate?

OptimusDinkus
04-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Bridgeman, loomis, and vanderpool are all very good rescources to draw from. Although bridgemans drawings look a poor quality, when you begin to draw them you see all of the stuff thats in there and it helps tremendously. Vanderpoles (sp?) good because he illustrates the plains of the human form really well. Also the great masters work is good to work from as well (leonardo, micholangelo). but draw from photos (good ones) that give depictions of the form from as many positions as possible. And then yea.

SpeccySteve
04-24-2005, 01:48 AM
oops, typo, and in wrong forum..

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2005, 01:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.