PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Painter 9

samcheri
04-23-2005, 07:24 PM
I would appreciate some help with this problem with Painter 9:

When using the Clone feature (Quick clone and Clone) Painter suddenly disappears from the screen: I mean literally: not a crash or a hang-up but the program just closes and when restarted it behaves as if the session which caused the "disappearance" never existed.

This happens only when I use the clone feature; with any other work or brush or whatever it behaves perfectly.

I use a tablet from a company called UC Technology; this works perfectly in other programs like Adobe Photoshop and the rest of Windows.

Thankx very much for any help

Jinbrown
04-24-2005, 01:02 AM
If you haven't already, go to the Sticky thread at the top of this forum and click the link named "Keeping Painter 6, Painter 7, and Painter 8 Running Smoothly". Follow those suggestions as they should help in Painter IX as well.

The only thing you may be able to skip is deleting the Pre-built Brush File as, in Painter IX, it has a top limit of 200 MB. If you want to delete it, no harm is done and a new Pre-built Brush File is generated the next time Painter IX is launched.

If all that doesn't help, post another message here explaining more about your image (i.e. dimensions, Resolution/ppi number, number and kinds of Layers, what's on each Layer, steps leading up to the crash, and anything else you think might possibly affect Painter's performance).

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2005, 01:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.