PDA

View Full Version : Sketch - Which your importance?

lotaH
04-23-2005, 03:43 AM
Sketch - Which your importance?

Planning? Dream? Delirium?

Which of these subjects is the sketch? Which his importance for the artist? How long should we be devoted to him, before the final image?

Can what opinions and what experiences relate?

How do the consecrated artists use that resource?

[] ' s

ps.:I forgot about a question:

Does the sketch of the digital art have the same value of the fact in the traditional art?

lotaH
04-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Another thing that I would like to discuss here is:

Did the creation of the layers concept change artist's way think the " work " of drawing (paint)? Or did that thought type already exist, did the computer organize it?

[] ' s

Lunatique
04-26-2005, 10:00 AM
The layer mentality has existed long before computers and Photoshop. People used tracing paper for layers of sketches, acetate for overlays..etc.

As far as motivation for sketching, it's different for everyone, and can be different from minute to minute. Some sketches you do to express an idea, some you do to hone your sketching skills, and some you do to capture something in life.

lotaH
04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
HI Chang! (thank you for your answer)

I agree with you that the layer idea existed at a long time. I think one thought like this already when the artists spoke in first plan, second plan...etc. But I think the computation spread much more that she sorts things out of thinking.

With relationship to the sketch: I think that the computation changed the sketch, because the artists (mainly the beginners) they tend to modify the sketch, in other words, she is not just a study, but it is the base where will be drawn your painting. As lines guide. Don't ?

The artists 3d already use much more that concept of sketch study, because they use him as base, but they don't become the work.

Leaning that should study more the sketch, because he can be a way of very good organization. Transformer designers in artists.

[]'s

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.