PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a character - Ian

coolwizj
04-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Can someone help give me an idea for a character? I don't want a realistic human... more of a character with exagerated features... or even something non-human altogether.. I just need some idea for a character... help? It can be either organic or mechanic... Just postr all of your ideas you would like to share... This would be helpful for me and for other people who are looking for the same...

- Ian

paperclip
04-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Anyone coming up with a cool idea for a character would be more likely to use it for themselves :D

A good way to get inspiration is to start with random shapes and just throw them together until you see something emerge, then try and build up a story around him/her... figure out who he is and why he is what he is.
The best characters have humor and personality, rather than being just 'bust your chops' cool.
Think about your favourite characters. Why do you like them? Not just because they LOOK good but because of who/what they ARE.

Hope this helps!
theresa.

macievelli
04-23-2005, 05:41 AM
As stupid as this may sound (and it has nothing to do with the crown and coke I had tonight, I swear) I get a lot of visual ideas from going outside in the yard and checking stuff out.

Examine features closely, and look for images in them. Your eye will usually make out things.

ROcks/stones are great
mud
water
tree bark - excellent for finding imagery. There's tons of figures and faces that you can percieve in different types of tree bark. Oaks and birch are best.

If nothing else, a walk in da woods will clear your head and help you come up with your own ideas.

coolwizj
04-24-2005, 03:11 AM
thanks. ;) I'll try and do that.. :D But, just in case, put any little character ideas on this thread anyways.. :thumbsup: :cool:

- Ian

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2005, 03:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.