PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about motion tracking live action to CG environments

shirak23
04-23-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm about to do a shoot and I need (afterwards) to composite live action people into CG environments (backgrounds). I'm using Maya and After Effects. What is the best way to do this? I kind of looked at the Maya Live instructions, but I wasn't sure if it would just be easier to make my landscape in Maya at a wider resolution then my final output and just animate layers moving in After Effects. The only thing is is that I don't want to lose the depth (and 3d-ness) of the 3D model. Any tips, tricks, suggestions, links? I'm going to start my shoot this Saturday so quick replies would be great. As of right now, I'm stuck with using After Effects, just so ya know.

sly
04-23-2005, 11:17 AM
What kind of camera move(s) have you planned ?

andy_maxman
04-25-2005, 12:05 PM
download boujou trial and go through its tutorials to get a basic understanding on how camera matching works....it's essential you understand the workflow before you begin to shoot.

shirak23
04-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the tip. Sorry about the lack of posting, my internet connections been mostly dowwn for about 2 weeks. Anyhow, in response to the first reply, I'm not going to do anything to complex. I had 2 parallel walking shots planned of two people (probably with a portable blue screen) and maybe a pan or two. That's about it. I'll check out boujou. Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2005, 09:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.