PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with expression in Maya

fritz8th
04-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey everybody im trying to duplicate a photo shot done by Harlod Edgerton where a bullet is shot at an apple. Im having trouble with my particles. I need a runtime expression that will keep the spread of the particles low for a certian distance then once its gets past that distance i need the spread to change to a higher value. I tried using just a regular expression on the spread channel but it will only effect the particles that are coming out of the emitter at that time and mine are already born and out in space. So if any one could help me out I would be greatful. Thx Dan

Jozvex
04-25-2005, 05:28 AM
Maybe try animating a radial field turning on instead? A radial field pushes things away from the centre of the field. You could animate it's magnitude from 0 to X at the time when you want the particles to spread apart. Using the field with the volume or max distance option you could control which particles will spread apart.

Just an idea.

fritz8th
04-25-2005, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the replys everyone. Now i get to try out all these ideas. Good Times.
Again thanks to everyone who posted.

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2005, 06:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.