PDA

View Full Version : A call for artists

Nonagon
04-22-2005, 05:43 PM
(I've deleted and moved this post from the Gamedev forum because I realized belatedly that this was a better spot for it.)

Hi everybody. Long time lurker, but just recently started posting because I'm thoroughly impressed with the work here, and I had to start commenting on them. I'm not an artist myself, I wanted to be very badly at one point but just never passed muster for it.

I am looking for a few art-oriented people to join up on my prototyping team. I need a 3D modeler/texturer or two and some animators. Our concept artist asked for a little help lightening the work load, so if there's one person out there who done draw good, that'd be great too. Now we're working with a fairly anime-stylized type of thing, so you've gotta be comfortable with that. Further, please be looking to actually join a team and stay on it. It's pretty frustrating to have people join for a day or a week of wasted productivity and then quit, having changed their mind, especially with a deadline. =/

On the upside, this is an exciting project and could turn into something really cool. It's also kind of unique, we're building an action/platformer which I don't think has been done yet in Torque, which is what we're using to build this thing. (Will likely progress to more advanced technology later)

Downside - it's a non-paying gig. At least, right now. The finish line is set at the 14th because I'm taking it out to E3 with me to put in front of some potential investors and along with a few other things, turn this into a paying gig.

Anyway, if you're marginally interested or could use some more details, please shoot me an email at cwboyer(a)gmail(d)com.

Thanks!

Pjanssen
04-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I think that it would be wise if you would tell us what your project is about. And also try posting some of the artwork from the concept artist.
That will certainly help you getting people to join.

Nonagon
04-22-2005, 06:21 PM
The monster artwork needs to be updated a bit, but this should start to give a general idea of what we're looking at. The two main characters have a modeler there, but they need an animator or two. The monsters still need both.

For deeper details, I'd prefer that folks email me, just because I don't want to plaster everything up on the net, and save space on the boards. =)

More general questions though, I'd love to answer.

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2005, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.