PDA

View Full Version : Premiere - rendering sequence for dvd and vcd but fields?

emrea
04-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Hi,
I want to make my 3d animations dvd.
I render my animations in 3d software, even field PAL D-1 size targa sequence.
I open project in premiere PAL 48Khz preset, (lower field first, dvplayback) and export in adobe media encoder (mpeg2 dvd, pal preset lower field first) and then get m2v file.
Is that correct field ordering? should i deinterlace in premiere? for authoring dvd later.Because when i open m2v in mplayer it doesnt look good as dvd quality.

2. I want to make vcd from same even field rendered sequence..
I open project pal preset (wideo for windows and no fields) and import sequence.In field options window i use "always deinterlace" and i export as mpeg1VCD in media encoder but final output is too fmuch flickered with fields.In premiere monitor its ok but not in output file.
Do i do anything wrong?
Because when I render without fields in 3d software and make vcd in premiere its ok, too much better.

Any help welcome, thanks!

emrea
04-25-2005, 05:14 PM
I solved the problem.
1.There are alotof approaches about even/odd/upper/lower thingy on the web.It is weird that someone say even=upper and someone say even=lower.
As i knew even=upper so way should be rendering even sequences in 3d software --> import/export premiere upper level first.I tested and it worked but i dont understand why some resources say even=lower.

2.Resize and deinterlace at the same time makes it corrupted so first deinterlace export and import then "encode mpg" worked.

azmin
05-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Hi emrea,

I've asked a question on field rendering for tv output in the cinema 4d section and from what I gather no-field is the way to go. The main reason being progessive or no field is the standard for film. And look at the quality...

Even Mash (imashination - check out his website) agrees even though in his site he advocated to use field renderings.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2005, 08:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.