PDA

View Full Version : collabrotive movie- Heroes United

members only hunter
04-21-2005, 04:00 AM
hey folks-
i thought that i would finally post on this side. i have a thread going in the scripting group and i think that it is time that i start lining up people for the production end. there have been many that have voulenteered and many that i have recruited but there is always room for more. email me if you wnat to get on the email list and hopefully soon i will have a website.

synopsis-
heroes united is a about a small group of superheroes-Heat, Mist, and Caliber and there daily life. it follows them routinely until there is an event that tears them away from the one person they love, trust, and cannot function without. it is a story of how the group comes together to fight for their friend and resque him. it is a tale about how much one person is important even though they themselves don't know it.

as it is written here is the first 10 pages... they are a little loose and are in need of tightning and is still being worked on but this will give you an idea of where the whole thing is going. the scripting thread can be found at...
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=202545&goto=newpost

THE INTERROGATION

EXT DAY EST POLICE HEADQUARTERS The police headquarters is a stylish building with sleek and modern lines. It is also a throw back to earlier architecture. A quick glance shows the rest of the city in the background.

INT DAY POLICE HQ CORIDOR A corridor leading up to the interrogation room where several police are standing around waiting anxiously for the outcome of the proceedings in the room.

INT DAY INTEROGATION ROOM HEAT, CALIBER, LUNATIC. HEAT and CALIBER are 2 superheros and are at one end of the interrogation room and the LUNATIC is seated at the other in chains that secure him to the floor. there is a table between them. There is a sign on the wall that says no smoking. There is a bulletin board with wanted posters all over it and hanging light in the middle of the room. The superheros are dressed in their customary designed dress. CALIBER is a gadget guy with a utility belt, body armor, and a face shield. HEAT is in a pure spandex number, red and orange with no cape and a big H on his chest. both are men that are well buffed superheros HEAT being taller and more buff. HEAT is well groomed with little or no wear and tear but CALIBER is unshaven and disheveled. He looks as though he just woke up or needs another cup of coffee.

Heat

Do you mind if i smoke? It is a bad habit i know but i really don't have to think about those types of things.

Lunatic

go right ahead.

Heat

My name is, well it doesn't really matter what my name is. All that matters is this is what we are going to do, you are going to tell me everything you know and

(he gestures to caliber)

my friend doesn't bash your head in.

Caliber

I've been know to do it too. Especially if i haven't had my coffee. I came here to drink coffee and whoop a little ass and were all out a coffee.

heat

He's an animal- that makes you two peas in a pod.

caliber

I'm not all bad, it's just my conditioning.

Heat

please realize this- we may be in a police station bu we ain't no police. And we aren't here to read you your rights ad we aren't here to treat you with any kind of respect. We don't care how we come by the answers that we seek just that you tell us the truth.

Caliber

we protect this city in the real world. We follow the laws of nature and of common decency. We have no real beef with you lest you act stupid.

Heat

just give me something- anything- a name, a description anything that will point us in the right direction.

Lunatic

what say i start at the beginning, which is kinda weird, some would say, i thought that it was the end.

Caliber

that's nice. Kinda like a flashback.

Lunatic

Have you ever had that moment of clarity, a moment that makes everything before it crystal clear. Something that makes your life before it obsolete. I was a normal vanilla guy. I kept to myself and never did anything out of the ordinary, definitely not out to change the world. But i have had that experience. That mind altering – life changing experience that has made my life worth living. Too bad it came too late.

Heat

let us say that i understand what you are saying, which I'm not sure that i do, and i might add isn't getting us anywhere. Geeze what in gods name is that odor.

Lunatic

that's just embalming fluid- I'm dead you know.

Caliber

strange, you look dead, but you're not acting like it. Believe you me I've seem my fair share of dead people and none of them acted the way you are. Oh sure some of them twitched a little bit but you are a this is something completely different.

Lunatic

do you always count on what you see?

The lunatic get agitated and starts to rustle the chains that got him chained to the floor.

Lunatic cont'

are these completely necessary- i want to be here. I need to be here just as much as yo want me to be here. They are beginning to be uncomfortable

Caliber

oh you think that we care even a little bit about your comfort we are not the police, they have graciously allowed us the use of their facility but we abide not by their rules. I care not of civil rights but of justice - i saw what you did to those people- this is for the safety of the citizens of Emerald City.

Lunatic

bla, bla, bla, you're just chicken.

(caliber lunges across the table attempting to strangle the neck of the lunatic)

caliber

I'll kill you, I'll kill you dead.

Heat intercepts caliber's lunge and keeps his hands away from the lunatic's neck.

Caliber

come on man i just want to rough him up a little. The little punk's got it coming. look at him, he is just praying for the sweet release of death.

Heat

all in good time my friend. Do you really think beating out a blood splatter is the way to go about extracting information. We need to play this siko's game a little longer until we find out what exactly is going on here.

Caliber

then we exact some vengeance.

Heat

then he'll get whats coming to him.

Caliber

alright then.

Heat

now you say you're dead. Well you look freakin dead i guess there's nothing wrong with that except being against all laws of nature. I guess i believe it but it points to some bazaar stuff.

Lunatic

oh yes, I'm gone. A former person. Doomed to walk the earth destined to fulfill my master's wishes. Something extraordinary has happened to me and too you. It really is too bad that it took me dieing to get that moment of clarity that i needed so much. Now i have a purpose.

Heat

A master? what master? you strike me more as a lone wolf kinda guy.

Lunatic

That would make your job so much easier wouldn't it. I am one of many. Master is THE one. I'm not allowed to say- he won't allow me to say.

Caliber grabs a hold of the lunatics shirt and pulls him close to his face.

Caliber

come on you can tell me- i promise I'll play nice.

The lunatic chomps caliber's face and misses just as he gets out of the way.

Lunatic

if i told you everything how would i have any fun. This is all I'm programed to do. you think this is fun for me. I got nothing else to do. It isn't like i can go out and go to an amusement park like this.

Caliber

yeah think of the children

the lunatic and heat both turn slowly to look at caliber and then at each other.

Heat

All I'm after is what you did with my friend? What really was your roll in the events of today? Ultimately, where is this man?

heat pulls out a picture of Hank and plops it down in front of the Lunatic.

Heat

and how do i get him back.

Lunatic

can i at least have a drink of water.

At that moment the door to the room opens and a hand with a glass of water pokes through the opening. Caliber takes the glass and hands it to heat. Heat applies a little heat to the glass and it starts to steam. The lunatic takes the still warm glass and sips it lightly.

Lunatic

mm mm. Warm. Now as i was saying. Now what was i saying?

Caliber

you weren't .

lunatic

ah yes. I was saying that this is going to be an interesting journey, what a story to tell for you and i, and even him. Master has this all planned out. Oh what a grand time.

Caliber

why don't you just cut to the end-we will be more than happy to accommodate.

Lunatic

you just don't get it- you were the kind of boy that jumped to the end of the book to see what happened. When are you going to realize that life is about the journey.

Heat

but you are dead. An we are running low on time.

Lunatic

not my life yours. Don't you understand life is what you make it and sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.

Caliber

save the motivational slogans for a pair that care. Lets get this over with and you will be free to fly your freaky flag someplace else.

Lunatic

okay, okay, i was just minding my own business and i was shown the light of his words. He breathed for me and now i am destined to fulfill them.

Caliber

who exactly?

Lunatic

I'm not sure.

Heat

you must have some sort of idea. Who do you think it is?

Lunatic

someone with the power of Armageddon. I can feel him inside me. He tells me what to say and i say them.

Heat

your mind is weak.

Lunatic

i am dead.

Caliber

do you fight it?

Lunatic

what would be the point of that?

Caliber

so you are saying that you don't mind killing others?

Lunatic

why should i care? The master will fold them in just as he folded me.

Heat

we are talking in circles. Just tell me where to find him.

Heat holds up the picture Hank. NOT smiling.

Lunatic

i cannot tell you that.

Caliber

but you do know?

Lunatic

no i don't.

Heat

who does?

Lunatic

my master knows all.

Heat

well where is he? Maybe he can give us some answers.

Caliber

he wants us to know- I can tell you want to tell us. So come on man just spill it. I am loosing my patients.

Lunatic

all in good time. The solution is right in front of you. Look. Feel. Know when it hits you that the facts are presented in a way that celebrates death.

Heat

it sounds like you want our friend to die.

Lunatic

on the contrary he will die and live.

Caliber

what exactly is that supposed to mean? Never mind .

Lunatic

i cannot tell you that. You are going to have to find that out on your own.

Just as the lunatic says this a medallion hanging from his neck catches the eye of caliber. It is a silver medallion that is hung by a non-descript chain.

Caliber

what is that?

Lunatic

oh you see it. Good. It is the shield of faith. My faith is not in what i see.

Caliber

i have seen this medallion before.

FLASHBACK

.edited due to length.

END FLASHBACK

caliber

i think i understand some of what you are saying now. Who gave you that?

Lunatic

who do you think gave it to me?

Caliber

it couldn't be.

Lunatic

dude- i 'm a dead man walking. Don't you think it could?

Caliber

No, no, no. there is no way.

Lunatic

He's dead to right... or is he.

Caliber

come on man i think i know where to start.

Lunatic

that's good because it's my time to go.

With that the Lunatic snaps his head to the side and falls lifeless to the ground.

accomplished so far...
the script is about 50 pages and i am shooting for 120.
what needs to be done...(in chronoligical order)
voice acting
character modeling
character rigging
character texturing
background filming
fx
compositing/editing
music composition

if the script/story is intrigueing to you pplease let me know- if you think that it sucks please let me know- ointed crits will be greatly appreciated.

anyhow

chris

Kid-Mesh
04-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Seems like you have an very interesting concept and a good first step, I wish you the best of luck. Other than that I would suggest providing a download for this version of your script because its way too long for a forum post and the pink is killer on the eyes :eek:. You would be lucky if anyone in here actually took the time to read it as it is now…someone would be more inclined to read it in word pad though. Just my opinion….

Cheers and again good luck.

ChrisBG
04-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Agreed. Do you have enough directors (or even a director) yet? As I said before I'd love to help in that department. Also, do you have a composer signed on yet? I would like to put my name foward for that. (For when the time comes).

Let me know.

-Chris

members only hunter
04-22-2005, 04:01 AM
kid mesh-i tried to go back and change the post but it wouldn't let me do it because it says there is too many characters in it. i got a chance to look at your m&s project as well as the stuff you did for the ICE movie, ok i skimmed it, but i think that you would make a great contribution to the this team. i would be greatly honored if you decided to contribute. i would even see some of the stuff that you did already would work in our movie. anyways enough kiss up i can send you an email with the script if you are interested. i see that you work with lightwave- i too work in lightwave and i would love to see what you would do with one of the characters... caliber if you are interested let me know.

as of yet there is no website to be able to post this to but hopefully there will be one soon.

chris- i thought that you were on the email list... i would love it if you could contribute. there is nothing yet than myself and a little help on the script but you could deffinately direct- even a little part. i think we have discussed this before but for the benefit of those who havent read the other post- i see any one with a camera as a potential director. the way i see this working is that people will take a part of the script, say the interrogation scene that i posted, and go somewhere that they think would look cool that this would happen. take a bunch of video- maybe shot, reverse, over head, dolly, reverse dolly, maybe some off the wall angles, alot ot cover the bases and then send them to me or whoever and we will cut it up to match the dialoge then insert the cg characters. and then i see someone else doing another shot and so on and so-forth. making this a real colabrative event. anyways-

chris- or anyone else out there if you want to please email me at mailhunterlowe@yahoo.com

and i will put you on the mailing list and maybe even ask you help out. right now i am still in the scripting stage but i would like to see some sketches and suff.

chris

members only hunter
07-17-2005, 05:30 AM
the script is almost finished... got about 20 more pages to go and then we can really get truckin on this thing.

wanna see it?

email me and i'll send it to ya.

chris

nomadicrain
07-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Just checked this out and it looks quite interesting. Would love to help out. I have some examples of previous work in my signature. Let me know if you would like me to help out. I also am getting into animation. Just let me know.

ablack
07-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey,
I love what you have so far. If you are in need of an environment modeler I'm up for some of that. Just give me an email if you wanna check out my stuff (maybe my demoreel). Just let me know. Have a great one!

Andrew Black
ablack3d@gmail.com
Environment Modeler

members only hunter
09-13-2005, 04:07 PM
the script is finally done so we can start on the voice acting in this one.

mail me and i will send you the script or head on over to the scriptwriting forum and pick it up. if you want to participate let me know by mailing me or you can audition by picking some cool lines and rcording them and sending them to me...

thanks

chris

members only hunter
11-10-2005, 07:17 PM
hey folks

i have finished the website for the movie and it is ready to be put out there...

www.heroesunitedthemovie.con (http://www.heroesunitedthemovie.con)

let me know what you think and if anyone wants to volunteer.

i still have openings for voice talent- i have plenty of ladies but i need guys.

after that i have openings for character artists and directors- people with video and still cameras- and animators...

again let me know if you are interested by sending me an email

chris

deathstar129
11-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey why is your site down? Wuts happening with this project?

members only hunter
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
i don't know?

i am trying it now and have gotten the same results.

the forums are up though

http://shortfilms.forumup.com/

if it is still down tommorrow i will email dario...

chris

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.