PDA

View Full Version : Effects on animated videos - Build High Speed

DJMAD
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Hello to all!

I would like to know whats the name of the rendering or animation tecnique to make look appear constructing at high speed, normally used on architecture and industrial design. and if theres a software, tutorials to make it professionally.

Thanks

MAD

Dutchman
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
I think you mean 'timelaps'... :) Just made by making for instance 1 frame per day, instead of 25 per second :) :)

Software...?! Just depends on what you use it for: you can do it for example with Adobe Premiere (using stop motion with 'batch' settings, I think... at least: that has been so in version 4 ;) ). Or you can also just use a (digital) photocam, and take a still every day or so :)

Good luck & Goodbye ;) ,
Gijs

DJMAD
04-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Thx for the help! :)

I think i've not expressed well my question, my goal is, make an animation of a building simulating the construction of it, i've searched for software to do it and maya haves a bonus tools scripts that make the "Build Effect" technique, So i would like to know where i can find that type of script or plugin for 3dsmax?

andy_maxman
04-25-2005, 12:07 PM
not sure if this would help, but i remember a plugin called 'grow' being used for such an effect.
goodLuck!

animquer
05-04-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm not shure about glow,, but my friend used cebas scalpel for that purpose, but its not automated fully, so u have to do a lot by hand, don't let that pull you down, you could try with scalpel, it depend exactly what kind of look you want.
let me know what you came up with.

riverwide
05-11-2005, 12:03 AM
hi,

I think the best way to do that is rendering out a lot of still images, by change a construction of the model in the way you want and add the element one by one, in order to simulate each step of the process to look like quick construct..

Then, when you have all the series of images, just import it in the timeline of some Video editing software ( like Premiere or easier Stop Motion Pro ) and set the preference to show 2-4 frames per 1 image, arrange all the images sequence into the timeline and let preview how it works...

This would be an simply way to do what you want, in stead of try looking for some plugin which may not exist. And yes, this 's traditional technique they use to do to complete a task like this...call Stop Motion

hope this help ( may be too late )

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2005, 12:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.