PDA

View Full Version : hi, here's a bit of my next movie

FabioMSilva
04-20-2005, 05:13 PM
hi, i am making along some friends an Action/terror movie this year, and i would like to see if u guys think this stuff is scary or not(the atmosphere, the acting, and the violence).

here's the links:

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0257549601/trailer_madmen.avi

Note: the music in the teaser is from MONSTER O.S.T (but madmen film is expected to have is own O.S.T)

and here's another bit:

[not availiable at the moment]

PS: yeah, i know the sounds sucks alot so far, but i still have to make the sounds&voices for this bit, and music.

oh, and i dont appear in the movie :P

cheers:

Matty2Phatty
04-23-2005, 04:46 PM
I guess it's not worth mentioning that the gunshot peaks and it really hurts my ears, if the sound is temporary ;)

When the old woman is investigating the noise, the suspence is built nicely, but the killers appearance doesn't have enough shock value.

The other clip is ok, but the stab in the eye doesn't look realistic. The gunshot in the mouth looks good though.

May i suggest with the stab in the eye that you imply what is happening without actually showing it? It would be more gruesome letting the audience imagine what happened.

FabioMSilva
04-29-2005, 06:18 PM
thanx:)
i'll see what i can do about the stab scene.

any ideas on how to increase the killer's shock value?

anyway thanx

ZaKKoS
04-29-2005, 08:58 PM
there is nothing to see at the link you provided...

Matty2Phatty
04-30-2005, 01:15 PM
I think one thing you could do is film it in darker settings. One of the most important rules is that the scary stuff always happens in the dark. It looks like you shot it in the middle of the day and put a heavy blue filter on it. It would just be much scarier if you shot it with selective light, so the audience wonders what's in the dark, rather than having everything well lit, but blue.

FabioMSilva
04-30-2005, 09:57 PM
i have fixed the links. only the one with the woman is availiable at the moment :)

Michiel t.B.
05-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Atmosphere: The atmosphere is quite creepy, but I have to agree with Matt2phatty, instead of putting a large blue filter on it, you could try something else to make it look dark. Also, I think you should, however possible, apply the 'darkness' a little more wisely. Of course it's a good way to build suspense, but I just couldn't follow it (of course it could be the quality of the file, or my screen). So make it mysterious, but 'followable'. When having acces to a great set of lighting equipment this would be much more in reach.

Acting: I think the old woman does a good job. I enjoyed it. The killer I couldn't really see, so nothing about him.

Violence: In a terror-movie, this should be the least, but hearing about someone being stabbed in the eye, I think you'll live up to the genre.

Camera: Too bad that you can always see the difference between filming in a normal house, and filming in a house made out of sets. You just have to be quite close on the actor, instead of having the amount of room a cleverly made, half open 'livingroom'-set provides. But that aside, I think the standpoints were good, they had a good length per shot.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the movie!
[/2cents]

FabioMSilva
07-12-2005, 10:54 PM
after a long time without having time to film, the shooting restarted last weekend :). meanwhile i studied a lot of film directing books, and tips in the internet. Sure learned a lot. Still, lots too learn...and i need to practice more...

Unfortunatly my camera's battery was "mad" so after we got ourselves in our desired location in a fine day in the morning, we had to shoot "rushing"(still doing things like i wanted them to be)...i was still able to shoot 11 minutes of footage which i'm going to preserve about 2 and half for the actual movie(this preview i'm posting here is the middle of those 2 minutes). I think it's coming along nicely. Also(before this shooting day), i made a remake of the old woman in the house sequence(not posting it here since it's not very worked yet), where i took your advices, filming in darker settings with selective lights etc.

well enough chat...here's the preview...some vfx(the claws are always cg, and are rotoscoped by hand...what a pain in the ass) and some voice. Nothing is definitive yet. The resolution is the same as the original, tought the quality of this preview is a lot worst than the original's.

hope u like it, and if u can give me good suggestions please do :)

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0257549601/madmen/Madmen-DayofJustice_preview.avi

the dialogue:

"- tell me everything you know about this case...only then i can help u..."

"- well...i know your colleague Batista is one of the assassins!"

"- ... "

"- And I also know that u're not going to live long enough to tell that to anyone!"

"- what?"

*fight*

"-What? Twins?"

"-I'm Mario, and I am the one who was being chased by those fanatics."

"-and that one in the ground can take on other people's appearances...".

PS: the music is taken from Juuni Kokki OST. Not going to use it in the final film. Just to give some life in the preview.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2005, 10:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.