PDA

View Full Version : Test Animation (WIP) for Bandit Gargolye

kenTHEman
04-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi All,

I've finished a test animation for Bandit Gargolye, a character which I designed and modelled. You may download it from this link (2.26MB): http://www.kentheman.com/bandit_gargolye.mov

It's an animation of a simple walk and of the bandit Gargoyle going through the swapping action with its fly swapper. Please feel free to comment or critic. :)

monstersauce
04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi kentheman,
I like your character a lot and it's a good walk cycle.
a few anim critiques:
-after the swat, there's a pop in his eyelid position that I assume is unintentional
-rear foot slides backward on first step
-both feet have a tendancy durring the walk to rock side to side into the floor when they should be solidly planted
-I think that the hand motion with the swatter should be a little more circular...as he steps forward and begins to raise the swatter, try having the hand move away and back instead of closer to the head.
-the appearance of the tail feels random...maybe show it again at the end drooping to help convey his emotion
-in his final foot plant, the body should continue to move camera right just a bit more, rightnow it suddenly changes direction and starts leaning back.
-nice anticipation for the swat, try moving the body before you start moving the hand and see if that gives a nicer feel.
-the holds after the swat and when he looks up after the swat need jsut a little bit of motion in them, right now they read like still images.

hope this helps, great start!
e

kenTHEman
04-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi monstersauce,

Glad you like the animation! Thanks also for the critiques, you've pointed out many good points which I had overlooked.:)

Chris Bacon
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
It would be nice to see some emotion convayed through the ears....maybe have them twitch or sag......also the hand without the swater....maybe you could have it move back when he swats to keep him ballanced.....

good job though.....Love the character.....

kenTHEman
04-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks Vivec, glad you like him too! Yup, I'll take note of the suggestions you've made. :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2005, 06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.