PDA

View Full Version : Changing all keys to different interpolation in 3dsmax5?

Velocamonkey
10-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Say my default is Linear Interpolation for every key, so I do my poses for this and then want to change all keys to Bezier. Is there a fast way to do this?

Right now I select all the keys in the F-curve view and change them, but this takes ages sometimes. Is this the only way in 3ds max 5?

Thanks.

OH also... in max 5 there is an example file, that Boped guy who does a dance. When I looked at the file the animation keys seem like they're half keys or something, and in Dope Sheet mode they don't fill an entire keyframe, what's this all about, what am I missing?

jason-slab
10-03-2002, 12:25 PM
to answer your first question, well thats how i do it :D

as for the second, whats the help files say?
:hmm: i'll look l8r

|jason

LFShade
10-04-2002, 02:01 AM
Michael Comet (http://www.comet-cartoons.com) has written a rather complex script to do various things to selections of keyframes, so you might want to check that out. I think it's called Key Manager.

I use a quick-and-dirty script that I wrote myself to change the tangent types of all keys on all animated bezier controllers in a scene. It sets them all to step/linear/custom types at once. Key Manager can easily do this, but I didn't like having its (rather large) rollout open all the time so I made mine very compact and single-purpose. I'll post it if anyone's interested.

derelict
10-04-2002, 02:18 AM
post it.

LFShade
10-04-2002, 03:59 AM
Here it is. Extract it to your 3dsmax/ui/macroscripts directory. It defines a new macroScript called "SetTangentTypes" in a category called "RHTools". Assign it to a quad, keystroke, or button and enjoy:)

btw - tested and working in Max 4.x and 5 :thumbsup:

derelict
10-04-2002, 04:03 AM
Thanks dude!:)

LFShade
10-04-2002, 04:10 AM
Sorry. Uploaded the older (not-so-good) version in that last post. This one should work a bit better, and is the one I use;)

derelict
10-04-2002, 04:13 AM
thanks again.

Velocamonkey
10-04-2002, 09:37 AM
Cool, I'll have a look, thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.