PDA

View Full Version : Working while the Render Region is displayed

grendizer
10-03-2002, 10:51 AM
I've been posting this on another forum and would like to have your opinion.

I am using XSI 2.03, and a question is bugging me since long.

I like to have the render region displayed while I'm working in the 3d view. Sometimes I "SHIFT+Q", but often I let the render region opened, and I orbit, pan, and zoom with the "S" key.
It works well, cause as soon as I press the mouse button, the render region disapear, let me orbit, then re-appear.

But it happens that when I release the mouse button, I don't want the render region to pop up immediatly. For example, sometime I use the left mouse button to orbit, then release the button, then press the right mouse button to zoom. But as I release the left mouse button, the render region immedialty jumps to pop up. And as soon as he appear, Xsi slows down and I have to wait for it to understand that the right mouse button is now pressed and that the render region should go away while I'm pressing this button.
This is a bit annoying.

There should be a delay before the render region pops up again. Like : wait for a second before appearing after the mouse button is released.
The same goes for property pages.
What do you think? And : will it be possible to set this delay some day, in XSI?

See you!

g :scream:

ggg
10-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Good idea or at least have a command like RefreshRegionOnViewTransformNo
I dragged the show/hide render region command as a button on a small custom toolbar nearby so I didn't have to go from transform buttons to shift Q all the time but its still not as convienient as a lag as you suggest, or perhaps an option for no view transform refreash and then refreash by clicking on the region rez slider

visgoth
10-09-2002, 11:55 PM
Couldn't you just disable auto refresh for the render region, and then just right click on it whenever you want to refresh it?

ggg
10-10-2002, 02:01 AM
disable auto refresh doesn't work for when view is changed :(
perhaps an option for it would be nice or lag as mentioned

grendizer
10-12-2002, 04:12 PM
But I WANT the render region to auto refresh :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.