PDA

View Full Version : 3DSM 7 and adding sounds. Any help?

drag0n_n1nja
04-19-2005, 10:04 PM
just wondering if anyone can help me out with sound on 3DSM7. I can add the sounds fine the only problem is I can't hear them when I play the preview. Any ideas?
many thanks
steve

vikigrafx
04-26-2005, 03:51 AM
Check the file format of the sound you used. 3ds max supports either .wav or .avi format only. Other than those formats you cant hear in the preview.

And also check in sound options dialogue sheet,whether the active check box was checked.

good luck

salmonmoose
04-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Other than that, the best suggestion I can offer you is that you don't do your audio with Max. The support is pretty poor, and you're better off doing it in Vegas, or Premiere.

You'll get a lot more control as well.

Kanga
04-29-2005, 01:11 AM
Prolly your puter cant keep up with the info. Do small test renders and view them in quicktime. The reason for sound in max is mostly for syncing, so scrubbing should work fine. For dance sequences you also have an audible metronome. Final sound should be added in a post edit app.

bassmandro
04-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

talking about sound and animation:
are there some dance tutorial anywhere?
I mean where beat and move are well explaind?

I have seen you can add sound file as controller but I'm not deep in that

pippomares

FraGiLe
05-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Use a soundtrack in Max to synchronize your animation approximately. Render the frames to individual jpg/tga/rpf-Files. Import them into your video edit software. Insert the sound and export the finished videofile. Only way to do it...

Naughty
05-11-2005, 10:00 PM
to asign controlersa to objects in max, chose youre object.
Select Curve editor.
RIGHT clik on X-position:
choose assign controler:
From the pop up list chose AUDIO FLOAT:
Chose a sound
AND REMEMBER TO ADJUST THE CONTROL RANGE, IF not nothing vil happen.
to hear this sound in the bacground while playing the animation, You wil have tho chose the sound in the curve editor list and asign controler AUDIO Controler and chose the same sound that is set as audio controler at x-position.

Hope this helps

If any question youst ask

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2005, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.