PDA

View Full Version : Animation Workshop - Robots #1

Sandblaster
02-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the first animation workshop, an animation exercise/topic, often with reference material and a specific character. Participants can interpret this topic however they like. Animations can be done with or without props, scenery, sound, etc., it is completely up to the participant. The idea of this workshop is for participant to focus on their animation skills, rather than model building. Each participant must submit a 320x240, 5- 60 second long animation by the deadline. The animations will be posted in a special workshop area on my website.

Details & Rules:
Topic: Robots/mechanical
Dead line: march 31 2002

- Your animation has to be longer then 5 sec., and the file extension has to be AVI
- Animations must be wholly your original design and not based on another artist's work.
- Animation editing in programs such as After Effects (post production) is allowed.
- Absolutely no pre-made motion files! Do everything at your own.
- Also, this is a 3D animation workshop; ultimately animations should be pure animated with out using a motion capture system ectů

Hosting:
In a few days will post the upload form.

Okey that's it i think :)
Now get to work! :D

Sandblaster
The resource site for CG animators,
http://www.animators-online.com

lildragon
02-14-2002, 08:39 PM
HI Sandblaster, I'm sorry we decided to move this thread to the animation forums, as they can only be one challenge at a time, more than that would be very chaotic (it's insane now ;))..... futhermore one person doesn't decide the challenge, at the end of a challenge, every member puts in his/her thoughts as to what the next challenge should be, we practically debate this for days...

It's a great workshop and idea, but I hope you understand where we're coming from..

regards

Sandblaster
02-14-2002, 11:41 PM
ooh ok sorry

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.