PDA

View Full Version : FX Animator/TD reel

Baq
04-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi.

I saw the post before my about 'vfx companies and reel' but it doesn't help to answer for my question which is: what I should to show in my reel if I'm not experienced professional? I think I can call myself: FX Artist/Animator - becouse I mainly do: particles, fluids, soft bodies, etc, and TD - becouse I also do: scripting in MEL.

I do 3D currently as a hobby for about 3 years and have some knowledge about it. I decided to spend few months to show this knowledge as a reel. One of my friend say that I can create some effects like: rain, snow, generally particles and fluids effects and composite it with some of not well known old movie. Is this good idea for all reel? Diffrent kind of effects and old footage?

I know for sure that I want to show crowd system but what else? I would like to hear any answers from these who have any experience with this or maybe somebody from any studio can give some advices and tips?

Next question: how to make reel really attractive for watchers?

Aneks
04-20-2005, 02:09 PM
have a look at the thread 'vfx companies and showreels' at the top of this channel !

feldy
04-20-2005, 11:44 PM
always show your best stuff first iam a particle guy also and iam showing a lot of live intergration and things like that

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2005, 11:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.