PDA

View Full Version : some navigation problem

mill
04-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi.

I am learning Vue 5 Esprit trial and I have read the most part of the manual.
But..
1. I still can't figure out how to orbit the camera around the selected object with the keyboard shortcut.
Also I don't know how to frame the selected objects in the perspective view.

2. I think Maya paint effects and Zbrush are also great program for generating landscapes.
Is it worth buying Vue Infinite when I have both Maya and Zbrush?

Thank you in advance.

DorisDay
04-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Is it worth buying Vue Infinite when I have both Maya and Zbrush?

In a word "yes"

All 3 will work great together but are also very strong on there own, my only gripe with V5I is the lack of displacement importing (I have to import the whole ZB model...........:eek: sometimes around 2 million polys)

For you this wouldn't be a problem as you have Maya.

mill
04-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Thank you for your advice.
Yes, EcoSystem looks just amazing.

As for navigation in Vue, I still don't know how to rotate and move the camera with keyboard short cuts.
I also noticed when I use my intuos tablet to rotate the camera and objects, it spins like crazy.
Is there a work around for that?

Wabe
04-27-2005, 11:48 AM
If you select the camera object you can use the arrow keys to move that - that is all i can imagine using the keyboard for moving. Or doing it numerically of course.

Wacom. This is a problem of the Wacom driver (I assume you are on Mac). I have it too, but not only in Vue. It is the same in Poser or Cinema. The worst driver i can imagine this is. I think it sends too many data and the programs can't handle this amount anymore. Overflow so to say.

My workaround is to use a normal mouse for these applications. Especially when the problem appears.

mill
04-30-2005, 12:51 PM
That's hard. Because I never use mouse.
Ok. I need to practice using mouse from now on.
Thank you for your time.

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2005, 12:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.