PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons coming to the silver screen

Array
10-03-2002, 01:00 AM
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/372/372746p1.html

Ckerr812
10-03-2002, 03:29 PM
Wow...the simpsons. My favorite show of all time. I grew up with them, I am one of the simpsons generation :)

I can't wait for this movie, I will go see it even if it's just itchy and scratchy beating each other for two hours :)

neonhomer
10-03-2002, 05:53 PM
It's about time they got around to getting the Simpsons on the big screen! I've been anxiously waiting and seeing websites with rumors about this for years. I remember at one point there was a rumor of them making a live action simpsons movie. :annoyed:

The article said that there would be no less than 3 films! I hope that they pull some good writers in for these movies, maybe they could get some of the older writers back when the simpsons were better (lately the humor has gotten more off-the-wall).

Ckerr812
10-03-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by neonhomer
It's about time they got around to getting the Simpsons on the big screen! I've been anxiously waiting and seeing websites with rumors about this for years. I remember at one point there was a rumor of them making a live action simpsons movie. :annoyed:

The article said that there would be no less than 3 films! I hope that they pull some good writers in for these movies, maybe they could get some of the older writers back when the simpsons were better (lately the humor has gotten more off-the-wall).

Yea..they need Conan O' Brien back. All those shows he was a part of are classic, make me laugh all the time. Must be that irish sense of humor... :beer:

puddlefish
10-04-2002, 08:41 AM
I actually think that the Simpsons are very quickly wearing out their welcome. The writing's become self indulgent and lazy. I think that if they make a film it will actually destroy them once and for all, because I think it will be crap. The show suits nothing else besides it's own format. That's why non on the merchandise was ever appealing. I kinda wish they would just bow out gracefully, quit while they're ahead.

bartabac_99
10-04-2002, 10:55 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

slaughters
10-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by puddlefish
I actually think that the Simpsons are very quickly wearing out their welcome. The writing's become self indulgent and lazy
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today ?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.