PDA

View Full Version : It's the end of Adobe Kingdom?

skidd
10-03-2002, 01:58 AM
It's possible if the adobe don't reformulate After Effects with more and powerfull feactures, more professional, more final qualities.

discreet have a nice product, i had tried and i think that is the best, combustion . it's the best final quality that i know (for simples systems, of corse using PC/Windows).

If adobe don't wake up with this, they really lost the kingdom.

That is a commentary of who uses After Effects 3 years ago, and currently moving for combustion, that is a reality of many.

ps: i'm sorry if my english is bad, english is'nt my native language.

:thumbsup:

visualboo
10-03-2002, 03:23 AM
Dont blow off AE too quickly. It's still very powerfull, and not to mention quite a bit cheaper than C2.

:beer:

ratbaggy
10-03-2002, 04:01 AM
I'm with VisualBoo on this, AfterEffects has a huge user base and is widely recognised. I doubt Adobe would let it slip too much.

puddlefish
10-03-2002, 08:53 AM
Besides, it's not as if After Effects is all Adobe has going for them...

skidd
10-04-2002, 12:27 AM
i really love AE, but discreet with combustion have a nice acceptation with the newer product (really good program).

maybe have sucess with the newer versions of 3dsmax, combustion have get a "hitchhiking" with 3dsmax.

that is plus one I appeal, that adobe start and launch a beautiful version 6.0. hehehe
:buttrock:

parallax
10-05-2002, 01:12 PM
I dont know about adobes sales figures,
but i think the userbase of AE has grown in the last couple of years.
I see more and more people learning AE lately.
Add to that the fact that you can run AE on a very modest desktop,
IMO its a killer comp. tool.:buttrock:

While we're on the subject,
do any of you guys know about an affordable (as in cheaper then the Matrox rtx100) editing solution, that allows for real-time support in AE/Premiere??

i guess affordable/realtime is a contradiction in terms.. :(

SheepFactory
10-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by visualboo
Dont blow off AE too quickly. It's still very powerfull, and not to mention quite a bit cheaper than C2.

:beer:

Not anymore , it isnt

check this out:

http://www.3dfestival.com/story.php?story_id=213&PHPSESSID=64b050d7c8ca74ab83a54b5255ca445e

visualboo
10-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Crap! :surprised

parallax
10-05-2002, 06:36 PM
damn.
thats almost half of what it used to be (roughly):eek:

SheepFactory
10-05-2002, 06:40 PM
thats more than half , the bundle includes cleener too!.

IMHO this is a killer deal!

beaker
10-08-2002, 02:42 AM
That deal is not permanent(only 3 months), and it is only for US/Canada citizens.

Also if your just doing motion graphics work then you don't need the production bundle, so plain old afterfx is just $600. The motion graphics industry is much much bigger than the compositing field. I doubt Adobe has much to worry about.

Afterfx wasn't even designed to be a compositing tool, it was originally just for video and motion graphics. They just kindof fell into it because at the time nothing was anywhere close to it's price range.

noquarter
10-08-2002, 04:47 AM
I have to agree about AFX still being very effective as motion graphics tool. The idea that Adobe is slipping is something I hear from time to time but I've never been able to see why exactly. Nothing can touch Illustrator as a prepress tool, Indesign blows Quark out of the water, not to mention Photoshop. Besides Adobe Dimensions, they haven't made to many blunders so I wouldn't vote against em.

Splice
10-08-2002, 09:24 AM
ummm.... Sorry guys but the deal is available worldwide not just the US and canada.. I am in the UK and my reseller sent me an email about the deal.....

I actually use both Combustion and AfterFX. I use whichever software suits the job....

AFX as a standard bundle does not even come close to Combustion, however the PRO bundle which I use does......

Both have their ups and downs but I think they are both essential to have if you can afford them both.....

Splice...:bounce:

fxgogo
10-09-2002, 10:45 AM
I must be honest, I have been a long time AE user and I am about to purchase a compositor for myself at home and was set on AE till I got an email with the combustion special advertised. And after reading the spec sheet of Combustion, I must say it looks mighty appealing. I have downloaded the demo to give it a go, to see if it works well inpractice so expect a report later.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.