PDA

View Full Version : Nifty racing logo animation

Carm3D
10-03-2002, 01:27 AM
Howdy!

I just finished a weekend side-project and I'm quite pleased with it.. This is my first time using HyperVoxels and wow they take a long time to render!!

http://www.Carm3D.com/Media/Prosthetic_D.JPG

There's the still, and you can view the animation from this page (Quicktime v6 req'd):

Carm3D.com's Animations page (http://www.carm3d.com/htm/Anims.htm)

The animation is 1.7 MB in size.. Oh, and make sure you got your sound on!!

Enjoy! :bounce:

Carm3D
10-03-2002, 02:04 PM
From the lack of comments I suspect not alot of people went to the trouble of viewing the animation. From the image it looks like some boring dime-a-dozen logo treatment.. And the first half of the animation is exactly that because I want the target viewer to be taken off-guard.. But let me assure you it has some endearing qualities. I think you'll enjoy it.. Besides, I'd like some feedback on it and I have some questions for any HyperVoxel experts out there..

How to I make each particle animate (get bigger and/or become transparent) during the course of it's lifespan? Any time I try to add a size envelope for the particle size it effects all particles at once at the same time. That's no good. I had to settle for a happy medium and all the smoke puffs stayed the same size..

Thanks in advance!

Fede
10-03-2002, 03:18 PM
Hey,

having trouble downloading the clip here, maybe cause it's an mpeg4. Divx will open it too, by the way.

Nice animation and concept.

I don't have any sound for some reason. Also the first bit of smoke comes out of nowhere and doesn't really gel nicely.

The streak left behind by the pinning logo is purple is that correct? maybe have it leave behind a tire tread instead.

For the voxel thing i don't know as i don't use LW, but maybe you can apply a random expression or math operation or something.

Later

Carm3D
10-03-2002, 06:00 PM
> Nice animation and concept.

Thankya!

> I don't have any sound for some reason. Also the first bit of smoke comes out of nowhere and doesn't really gel nicely.

I would imagine you're not getting sound because you're playing it with DIVX. If you had sound, I think it would be very clear what the first bit of smoke is for.

I think the RealOne player plays MP4s just fine.

Oh yeah.. the streak left behind is purple because red + blue = purple. I wish I had it grow more faint as it went out. Oh well.

Cheers! :beer:

wasted weasel
10-03-2002, 08:28 PM
i can't download either file, the mpg 4 is giving me a new window full of text, and i can't save the target either because it's an HTML file.

the quick time version is not visable to me at all, and i get an error when i click and try to save the target.

so..... maybe i'm just a putz, but i'm thinking if you could put just a regular .avi file up for us to see it??

blitter
10-03-2002, 09:06 PM
I'd like to see the animation, but I can't view it either. I do have divx and various mpeg4 codecs, etc.. thats not the prob.. I can't save it off directly cuz it's html page and directly link never gives me anything except a bunch of text (which i assume is the mpeg but what's up).

Carm3D
10-03-2002, 10:50 PM
Hmmm...

Well the second link was to my animations page... That would indeed give you a bunch of text.. The third link... Woah you're right! Sorry, I should have checked that...

I guess the only way to view it is with Quicktime 6 and visiting my animations page.. Geez sorry dudes.. I'm quite the red-faced right now.

Joel Hooks
10-03-2002, 10:50 PM
wouldn't it be better to just give quicktime mp4 files the mov extension and avoid the confusion.

I'd like to watch it too, but I can't spend all afternoo trying to figure out how to work your files, and if a group of GFX nerds is having troubles, I'd hate to see how the common internet user would fare against this unusual way of naming files.

"I guess the only way to view it is with Quicktime 6 and visiting my animations page.. Geez sorry dudes.. I'm quite the red-faced right now."

I have QT6 pro, and I can't view them on your website. odd.

Carm3D
10-04-2002, 01:07 AM
Hey Lowdown,

I tried renaming the .MP4 to .MOV and Quicktime didn't load it.

> I have QT6 pro, and I can't view them on your website. odd.

Well that's friggin' strange.. Apple needs to get their act together. I have friends with QT6 who were able to view it.. Hmmm.. Oh well.. If any of you are able to view it, good on you! :D

PureFire
10-04-2002, 04:56 AM
d/l it and it played with no problem at all....maybe have some exhaust pipes grow out the sides and the burnout could have some white smoke....just ideas...not too bad!:bounce:

stephen2002
10-04-2002, 01:11 PM
I would like to see the animation, but when I click on it all I get is another HTML page and a "image loading" box that does nothing :(

James Bowman
10-04-2002, 04:01 PM
I managed to play the animation no probs. Looks good. Just clicked the link on your site.

BTW, are you the same Carmen Rizzolo who made the famous Starship Enterprise D model in Imagine on the Amiga?

Carm3D
10-04-2002, 10:00 PM
> BTW, are you the same Carmen Rizzolo who made the famous Starship Enterprise D model in Imagine on the Amiga?

tee hee

Yeah.

James Bowman
10-04-2002, 10:07 PM
:applause::bowdown: I bought extra RAM for my miggy just so I could load it up!

How long did it take you to build it? And have you done a LW version? :)

Carm3D
10-04-2002, 10:15 PM
> I bought extra RAM for my miggy just so I could load it up!

Hmmm.. I actually think I heard of you doing that.. Or maybe it was someone else who bought more ram so they could play with my toys.

> How long did it take you to build it? And have you done a LW version?

Well.. It took a long time. I can't be more specific because it was a loooooong time ago. I didn't make a LW version.. Sorry. Did you see the SpaceDock object I made to go with the enterprise? It's nice to have a garage for it. :p

wgreenlee1
10-04-2002, 11:31 PM
I like it except the stripe it leaves on the floor.
Should be black.

For faster hypervoxels try baking or using sprites!

Keep up the good workz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carm3D
10-04-2002, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the compliment...

But how can a red & blue tire leave a black mark? :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.