PDA

View Full Version : texture advice

pdrake
04-18-2005, 04:58 PM
anyone have any advice on creating this texture from procedurals?

thanks

sllink
04-18-2005, 07:45 PM
I would try the honeycomb first, maybe use 1 or 2 layers of it sized differently of course and experiment with size and heading.

Dave Jerrard
04-18-2005, 11:54 PM
You can get pretty close by using some cellular function based procedurals. Crumple, CFBT Toy, and IFW are good starting points. With crumple, I'd use a gradient (previous layer) to tweak the sharpness of the texture, and also use a noisy texture below it as a Texture Displacement, that will deform the otherwise straight eges in the crumple texture.

There's also the possiblity of using Photoshop. I thiink the new one has a filter that can turn an image into something that looks like this, It'll be a nightmare to tile though if you need to cover a large area.

He Who Wishes Texture Scales Could Be Textured As Well.

pdrake
04-19-2005, 01:12 AM
thanks.

i got something decent with honeycomb and a couple of gradients and turbulence as an alpha.

i'll try your way too dave. it does cover a large area (8' x 10') and time is not on my side.

as if it ever is in this business.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2005, 01:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.