PDA

View Full Version : Speedlines ala manga

yakumo
04-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I'm not doing manga however, l'm trying to achieve speedlines for my poster however, while l tried to make brushe for this it simply looks rubbish. Does anyone know how l can achieve this effect?

Cheers

XepptizZ
04-18-2005, 10:13 PM
First of always have a copy of the image as it's easy to scerw up.

The filters you wanna play with is wind and motion blur, have fun experimenting. Radial blur might be useful in some cases too.

Ghostscape
04-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Simple speed lines in Photoshop:

Make a 1pixel x Xpixels selection, where X is the width of your panel.

Fill with noise or render clouds, using the adjust curves and adjust contrast tools to posterize the effect as needed (IE for Sin City style rain, render some noise, clamp it so it is pure black and white by using the contrast tool.)

Ctrl-T (Free Transform) and stretch the sucker along the 1pixel axis. IE, if you had a horizontal line before, stretch it vertically.

While in free Transform, Rotate and perspective correct as needed.

Simple Manga Style Speedlines.

When you talk about making brushes for speedlines, I'm assuming you're using PolyKarbons tutorial. I went to check his site to find out what was so tricky about it, but his link is broken to the tutorial. IIRC, his method was to create a very long, rectangular brush, and basically sweep it vertically or horizontally in short, stippled strokes...I'm not sure how you could get stuck on it?

Perhaps if you can show us a screenshot of your problem, I could help better.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2005, 01:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.