PDA

View Full Version : Akira break light trails, doom 3 eyes?

Levitateme
04-18-2005, 01:48 PM
In akira, the break lights leave them awesome looking trails, anyone know of a plugin, in ae, or just how i could do it without a plugin? i have seen the same effect in doom 3, some of the monsters eyes did this trail

Cad
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
light trails are the kooda.umm ok the echo effect is pretty cool. i think its under Time > Echo. you have to play around with the settings a little but there pretty easy to get a hold of...... but it may not be what you are looking for. however this might be a way using the echo effect get some nice trails and then precomp that layer and to the new precomped layer add a small amount of blur to get the fussy kinda glow. Or there is a plug in called 3D stroke by trapcode i think the link is www.trapcode.com. hope i was of help and good luck

gray117
04-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Not being a ae expert and more of a 3d head i would recomend you consider looking at getting a 3d boy (or yourself) to do this for you and just comp it in if you can... thats only how i would do it mind cos it would appear to be easier than messing about with ae animation (specially if trail croses itself).... but thats only an ae newb's opinion :P

ps. in no way does this constitute an offer ;P

gray117
04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
As well as the similar ones below this forum thread for 3ds max will include some plugins for the job...including a free one... knew i saw an answer to this somewhere...

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=221093&highlight=lightsaber

ps. Forgot to mention that akira is the nuts :D

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.