PDA

View Full Version : .CDR to .JPG Conversion???

Jonj1611
04-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Hi,

Ok, I know this is not Corel Painter, but I couldn't find a better thread. I have a user who is sending me some icons in .cdr format, I need to know if there are any conversion(preferably freeware) apps that will convert this to .jpg or any mainstream graphics format?

Hope you can help

Thanks
Jon
www.jonsmedia.com

Jinbrown
04-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi,

One suggestion if you have Illustrator:

I don't have the latest version, but Illustrator 9.0 opens Corel Draw .CDR files from versions 5, 6, 7, and 8.

I'd expect a later version of Illustrator might open later version Corel Draw .CDR files.

Good luck!

Jonj1611
04-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi,

Many thanks, I don't have illustrator, but I have never installed the demo of it either, so I guess I could download the demo and open the files and then convert them to what I wanted?

I know PSP 7 which I have can open CDR files, but only up to a certain version from what I gather.

Anyway thanks for your help

Jon

Jinbrown
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi,

I can't vouch for this software, or even the site, but here's one you can look at:

Graphic Converter 2003 (http://www.flydragonsoft.com/index.htm?AfID=17887)

They claim it can read 42 formats (.CDR included) and write to 27 formats, batch processing too.

When online and/or downloading from unfamiliar sites I hope you have a virus scanner running all the time, and spyware blocker too.

Good luck!

Jonj1611
04-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi,

That is fabulous, thanks I will check it out.

I am always cautious about software, in fact too cautious I guess, I have Norton Internet Security running plus spybot and ad-aware on watch :)

Thanks Again
Jon

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2005, 08:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.