PDA

View Full Version : Custom Pallette Shortcuts?

cadoro
04-18-2005, 06:16 AM
Greetings, fellow Painter users
I am using Painter 8 and downloaded the tear-off custom pallettes updater from Corel.
However I can't work out the keyboard shortcuts for moving and deleting the icons as there was no written guide with the download.
Painter 7 used to have a 3 finger combination but nothing seems to work with this.
Am I right in thinking this feature is not even available at all on 9? That and the atrocious 9 finger graphic would dissuade me from upgrading.
Thank you
Cadoro

Jinbrown
04-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Greetings, fellow Painter users
I am using Painter 8 and downloaded the tear-off custom pallettes updater from Corel.
However I can't work out the keyboard shortcuts for moving and deleting the icons as there was no written guide with the download.
Painter 7 used to have a 3 finger combination but nothing seems to work with this.

In Painter 8.1, hold down the Shift key and drag the icon or button to reposition it in the Custom Palette or drag it off the palette to delete it.

Actually there is a complete User Guide, updated for the Painter 8.1 patch and available to download with the Painter 8.1 patch, at:

ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/Painter/8.1

CorelPainter8UserGuide.pdf

Am I right in thinking this feature is not even available at all on 9? That and the atrocious 9 finger graphic would dissuade me from upgrading.
Thank you
Cadoro

It's the same keyboard in Painter IX as I gave you for Painter 8.1.

Believe me, you'll not even notice the nine fingered hand after using Painter IX for a while. Don't let that be a reason not to upgrade, for heaven's sake!

Many of use reacted to it the same as you did, at first, and now it's not even an issue.

Painter IX and it's improvements and new brushes are the focus and it's a great upgrade, the best so far.

cadoro
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks for that-and for your advice.Maybe I'll upgrade then :-)
One tip may be useful.I use it a lot.
Add a menu item"Restore default variant" to every custom pallette.That way as soon as you change a setting you don't forget to reset it.

Jinbrown
04-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks for that-and for your advice.Maybe I'll upgrade then :-)
One tip may be useful.I use it a lot.
Add a menu item"Restore default variant" to every custom pallette.That way as soon as you change a setting you don't forget to reset it.

That's a good tip, cadoro. It would also be useful after we create a custom variant, save it, copy it to another brush cateogry, then need to go back and restore the original brush variant to its default settings.

Thanks for reminding us.

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2005, 11:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.