PDA

View Full Version : Shake 4 announced and available soon

jaho101
04-18-2005, 04:40 AM
http://www.apple.com/shake/

cool, 3d comping and integration with FCP 5.

I hope dual core G5 come out soon! Tomorrow they should come out at NAB (the 18th).

francisvega
04-19-2005, 02:53 PM
that's great! the 3d composition make it powerfull!! :D

Aneks
04-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Been a lot of chatter about this on the shake list. Looks like apple have pretty much taken on all the recommendations from the user community. 3d multiplanes and camaras are a real plus (finally) but the optical flow stuff and full 32 bit pipeline enhancements are awesome and well advised. What remains to be seen is whether they have fixed caching and if the new tracker/roto point funtionality will allow for proper keyframes on rotoshapes ?!?!?

Nonetheless I am excited that apple has come to the party and that the years I spent getting to know shake haven't been in vain !

Sporksalot
04-19-2005, 06:24 PM
from the upgrade guide on apple's shake site:

Cached nodes

Want to increase performance? Now you can create a memory or disk cache for selected portions of a node tree, so Shake needs only to calculate the parts of the composite that change. The Cache node increases performance but leaves your node tree intact and fully editable.

Tracking on rotoshape points

Automate time-consuming rotoscoping tasks by attaching trackers to points on a rotoshape. User-tracked shapes make it easy to create masks or moving mattes.

The cache node sounds really cool to me. It sounds like you'll be able to place them where ever you like in the composite tree, which should give you much more control over how and what it caches. I wonder if the disk cache node would be persistant.
As for the rotoshapes, as a fall back it sounds like you can attach a rotoshape point to a tracker and just animate the tracker. Not the idle workflow, but at least the functionality is there.

eric

Byla
04-19-2005, 06:55 PM
where can we sign to that apple list? PleasE?

beaker
04-19-2005, 09:03 PM
www.highend3d.com (http://www.highend3d.com)

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2005, 09:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.