PDA

View Full Version : My First CG painting (French Girl)

cgpainter
04-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Hello guys!

This is my first CG painting ever... so it’s a bit embarrassing posting it around for all of you guys to see– seeing how all of you are very, very, good artists.

I have just started getting into CG painting, and I work as a Traditional Game character designer. (mostly all outline work for game character ideas)

Well... Tell me what you think.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/pspowns/9db3ece7.jpg

Program: Painting
Time to make: around 3 hours
Artist: Andrew A. (sorry... I'm afriad to post my last name...)

neokinesis
04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I think I like it. You say you do line work? I love to draw but hate the linework stuff. I'm looking for an artist to help me with a pet project/hobby game I'm making. I have most of the characters created. I just need cool poses that I can color if yoru interested drop me a line.

cgpainter
04-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Sure, I'll help you out... But what I mean was; I only do line art, then I color them in Monochrome. (All of my work is Anime and Manga... but as you can see, I'm trying to do realist aswell.)

Elaeria
04-18-2005, 07:59 PM
I like the feeling of this one. :) Nice work! Can't wait to see the finished product! Keep us posted.

~Ela~

cgpainter
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks guys ^O^
What else do you think it needs? I'm not sure if I like the hands.

SocramOsnofla
04-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Im assuming thats her hair blowing in the wind toward the front of her face? When I first saw it it looked a lot like facial hair. Maybe make the rest of her hair thats behind her cheek and uner her hat brown so you can see the hairs direction better.

Besides that it looks pretty good to me.

devilboi
04-21-2005, 07:38 AM
I could tell right off the bat it was a girl. The hair blowing in front of her face didn't look like facial hair to me. She looks attractive. But perhaps you could make the hair more defined into individual strands. Right now it looks kinda like feathers.

Her eyes are beautiful and pulled me into looking at the pic further. So that part is working well.

Nice work. Especially for a first shot at digital.

P.S. looking at it a second time you may want to define her eyelashes better. The black part above her eye, making up the eyelash, is some what difficult to make out. It looks kinda blobby.

MrGrinch
04-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Very nice lighting in this, did you use photo-referece? The colours all work well together.
I think her hair actually does look like part of her hat, some sort of feathered tassles attached to it. It actually looks rather neat, but if it's hair you're aiming for you should probably follow devilboi's advice and make them longer individual strands.
It's a cute little picture you've got there, well done.

jmBoekestein
04-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Mr A,

I'm confused about what's on her cheek, I should be thinking that it's hair but years of experiencing the human experience have lead me to believe I shouldn't mistake face value for truth.

That was fun...

Oh yeah, very beatiful, only thing I don't like is the background, it's very regular and distracting.

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2005, 11:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.