PDA

View Full Version : lava lamp help please

animet
04-17-2005, 12:59 AM
hello everyone...well after a long time again i have a problem.......
i allready have madeled a lava lamp but i cannot animate the liquid inside....
please if you have any tutorial or links please share them with me.......again thanks and sorry for my english......byezzz

JKeller1068
04-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Pete Draper has a tutorial on lava lamps inside of his book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/024051954X/ref=olp_product_details/104-9380327-6009508?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

It gives a great effect. :thumbsup:

JeroenDStout
04-23-2005, 05:20 PM
I can't really promice anything, but I might be able to make a tutorial for a lavalamp later this day: it seems like a good challenge and a splendid thing for a tutorial.

Should I make one, I'll sure let you know here!

(btw, I would make one with ParticleFlow for 3ds Max 7, hope that wouldn't be a problem)

c0rtex
04-29-2005, 07:06 AM
I would also be interested in this tutorial :D

GarethE
05-01-2005, 02:35 AM
The lava blobs would be quite easy to make using metaparticles, and having one nice big blob.

pascal_blanche
05-09-2005, 10:39 PM
or try this:

1_ create two spheres...one for the top one for the bottom 16 segment each no more.
2_ attach them so they become a single object.
3_ create a second little sphere, squatch it a bit
4_ animate it coming from the center of the bottom sphere to center of the top sphere ( lets say 60 frames) add some rotation so it looks more natural.
5_ click on the little sphere go in create/compound objects/ boolean
6_ select the top/bottom sphere object as operand B
7_ select Union for the boolean operation.
8_ in modifiers select the relax modifier set it to iteration around 6..
9_add a meshsmooth on top of it
10_ add a FFD cage to modify the overall shape of your lava so it fits to your lamp
11 play animation... should look pretty ;)

i didnt tried with multiple booleans, not sure if it is really stable... :P

gonemad
05-22-2005, 11:58 PM
I'd do this with particle flow and a blobmesh. Just create a flow with just a few particles floating around randomly inside your lamp then create a blobmesh and add the particles to it. Adjust the blobmesh settings so that you have decent sizes blobs floating around and there ya go.

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2005, 11:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.