PDA

View Full Version : Camera rotation?

montdom
10-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Maybe I'm being stupid, But I can't rotate the camera to the left and right in XSI. I've tried rotating the camera it's self, the camera root and interest etc.

BTW I'm not talking about panning, I'm trying to get it to look as if your head was flopping to the left and right so the horison like is at an angle.

I hope I've explained myself propperly.

HapZungLam
10-03-2002, 02:48 AM
humm. i don't quite get what you want to do. But try use the short cut "L" to like dolly your camera, and "O" for orbit, you know it right?

A camera is linked with a camera interest. It is not like 3DSmax that you can have a free camera. (make be 3.0 has, because 3.0 has a first person camera that you can like playing first person shooter feel)

alright so that because of the interest and you can't "rotate" you camera. try L and O see if it gets what you want.

ggg
10-03-2002, 03:57 AM
as HapZungLam suggested "L" which is actually roll not dolly "P" will do what you want

to see the value its affecting look under camera, kinematics, click on direction constraint node to open property editor, under up vector tab slide roll backnforth or press "L" to see value change

you can have a type of free camera, just get rid of all the nulls and constraints or goto xsinet for a script to create cameras without them, but yes the camera in XSI 3 looks like fun :)

belly80naz
10-03-2002, 12:55 PM
It's simply.
there are more mode to do it. For example I can explain to you two of its:

You can select the camera root in branch mode (with middle mouse button) and rotate it.

U can delete the camera's interest an your camera become a free camera, and you can rotate it in local mode like QuakeIII Arena player.

Hope this help you!:bounce: :bounce:

ggg
10-03-2002, 02:38 PM
branch select and rotate won't give you "roll" although it does give you some other cool transforms

the free camera HapZungLam is refering to in ver 3 will do more :)

belly80naz
10-03-2002, 03:15 PM
Yes, ggg you're right! But whit the second mode you can roll it.

montdom
10-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Yes, 'roll' is the word I was looking for. Pressing 'l' in the camera's window had the desired effect - thanks guys.:thumbsup:

belly80naz
10-04-2002, 02:41 PM
:surprised ..Ops.. sorry, but if you search for a thing so easy, first, try to search in the XSI's help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.