PDA

View Full Version : Anyone linking to LW 8.2 with Vue 5I?

Shaun_michael
04-16-2005, 05:01 PM
So, has anyone tried it yet? I've run the linking plugin (the latest one) and, stupid me, couldn't figure out how to close the plug without forcing LW to quit with the task manager. I couldnt see a cancel, or stop button. Is there one or am I missing something here.

I was wondering how, when moving an object in LW you could get it to automatically follow the terrain surface in Vue 5I.

Anyways, I'm loving this program and would like to hear any other LW+Vue 5I users' views and workflow ideas.

Shaun

HarverdGrad
04-17-2005, 01:46 AM
I'm working on a workflow for LW 8.2 & Vue Infinity. When I figure it out- I'll post an example.

In the meantime, in order to close your Vue Sync plug in, select the outer frame of it so it has focus- then hit the escape key to close it.

On a side note...anyone have any experience with RLA/RLF(?) files? It looks like Vue exports layers of objects. I'm just trying to figure out what I can do with it. I tried porting to Digital Fusion, but no luck. Not sure how to use. ugh....

Shaun_michael
04-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi,

That'd be great, I'll do the same. Thanks for the tip about closing the linking plug. How odd that a plug-in doesn't have an obvious close option!

Thanks
Shaun

Ramon
04-18-2005, 01:44 AM
I'd be really interested on that too! He guys, I was looking at the vue site and from what it says, it sounds very impressive!!! I can only imagine the implications for matt paintings! The idea that it can render BILLIONS of polys is unreal however, how is the rendering speed?

In terms of incorporating it with a LW pipeline, I could render a Vue and LW scene seperately and comp in post. That is if a very low res proxie object and the camera (motions and all other attributes) from Vue can be exported to LW. In that case, I would just use the low res Vue proxie object as an FPO (for placement only).

Please let me know about your impressions of Vue.
Much appreciated.:)

richcz3
04-18-2005, 02:03 AM
I thought I would have been experimenting with camera matching by now, but it looks like it will be a while yet. Great to see LWavers tackling this. I am also very interested in the RLA/RFA and component layered PSD output.

I've been moving through every aspect of the manual since I recieved my copy a few weeks back. I am currently woking on blending terrain surfaces with the material editor. Learning the Functions editor is key. The level of control is amazing and daunting at the same time. I am close to getting snow patched moutain areas to match snow covered trees or the other way around using gradients.

Ramon
04-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the reply Rich. When you get to the LW integration / camera matching and exporting capabilities, I would love to know what your experiences are.
Thanks

illusory
04-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Has anyone here been able to get the light to match Lightwave in Vue 5I? When I do the synchro thing, my camera anim imports correctly, but the light position is completely wrong, and unfortunately it follows the camera (suns don't normally do that...; )

any experience with that?

thanks,
NJ

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2005, 05:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.