PDA

View Full Version : What Size do you use to create perspective

Kansai
04-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Hello all I had a general question to the artist here when I was taking illustration classes we used a huge size paper to create are perspective illustrations some where along the lines of 18X24.

I was wondering to some of the concept artist out there what size do you all create perspective illustration whether it be 1 point or 2 point perspective

jbo
04-16-2005, 04:59 AM
i don't think it really matters for 1 point, but for 2 and 3 it helps me to work big since the vanishing points are often way out of the composition. i usually use 18*24 paper, but only really use a small portion of it for the final comp. i'd like to hear if other people have better ways though.

Stahlberg
04-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Much easier to tape your paper or board to your working table, and put your VP's on the table. You need a big table of course, but you need that anyway if you're going to illustrate professionally. The bigger the better.

nunz
04-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Tape and a 2x4 works too :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2005, 11:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.