PDA

View Full Version : Max char rigging help needed ###

tazmanian
10-02-2002, 09:53 AM
hi .... im new to charactor rigging .... i want to know what is the best way to rigg a charactor ? im using max 4.2 ....
what is the best way ?
1. bibed
2. Max bones

anyone know a good tutorial for begin my charactor rigging.....
im preparing for my short film..... and this is my first short ....
thats why im bothered to char animation... pls help guys

Genesis
10-03-2002, 03:54 AM
Biped and physique are the best for general character stuff in max (although I use 'the best' don't think this means there is no faults).

Given the choice I would ditch physique and use skin, however skin does not handle twisting motions well enough in my opinion, so I am stuck with physique.

As for tutorials, just use the ones within max (character studio). they are very good.

tazmanian
10-03-2002, 04:18 AM
i tried bibed but little confusing with non human charactors....... say my model is an alien or something..... how can i use the the bibed to them ??
what u guys thing using max bones with manipulator ? is it easy for animation for short movie ? :shrug:

visualboo
10-03-2002, 04:41 AM
I personally like using good ol fashioned bones with physique and just tweakin keys and f-curves.

say my model is an alien or something..... how can i use the the bibed to them ??
Just scale the biped (in figure mode) to fit the mesh.

did that help? :shrug:

jason-slab
10-03-2002, 07:23 AM
personally i to prefer max bones. the f-curves give u much more freedom, well not that i know biped all that well.

also have a look at IK-joe by Daniel Martinez, great setup and includes squash and stretch
heres a direct link http://www.3dluvr.com/pepeland/Misc/Boped.htm

l8r
|jason

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.