PDA

View Full Version : Potentials of Zoomquilt

Lunatique
04-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Saw this today, and it blew my mind.

quilt. I http://www.eviltree.de/zoomquilt/zoom.htm (http://www.eviltree.de/zoomquilt/zoom.htm)

I was thinking, Zoomquilt is really a very good example of what digital artists can do to create something that is truly unique that traditional art cannot. One possibility to use it is to actually tell a story. Imagine starting with a picture of a girl sitting by a window, looking at a photo of a boy, then as you zoom in, you get past the window to the outside, through the backyard, into the forest, passing by a small hut by a pond, towards the mountains, through a cave, passing through an ancient temple built inside the cave, out the mountains on the othe side, through a village, passing by people in the streets, towards the city, through the marketplace, passing by tall buildings, towards an apartment building, through the window, and into the room of a boy, and he's looking at a photo of the girl.

Would be pretty cool, eh?

cgclay
04-15-2005, 07:53 AM
you just blew my mind

Pshygon
04-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Friggin awesome, I just downloaded the screensaver! It really does blow your mind! I like their work.:buttrock:

Ascendek
04-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Wow thats amazing! :) really pulls you into the whole created world. how would you make something like that using flash?

Nehym
04-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Another one that had her mind blown today...

This is, wow! I can't stop going forward and backward and trying to notice all the little details. And the way it just loops and start over infinitely...

paperclip
04-15-2005, 03:36 PM
My brother sent me this yesterday, I was about to post it here!! Isn't it great? So original! How did they do it?

Lookie
04-15-2005, 07:13 PM
I remember seeing that awhile ago, it's really neat. Do you plan on gathering people to make one yourself? (I like your idea of the girl with the photo by the way)

Ascendek and paperclip: if I remember right, I think they posted the pictures done by each artist, and basically each picture has an empty rectangular center, which will be pieced together with the next image.

paperclip
04-16-2005, 12:53 AM
If you're going to make a collaborative zoomquilt, I'm definitely in :).

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2005, 12:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.