PDA

View Full Version : Can I use automate to add image or text to series of photos?

neu
04-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Hi there,

I just want to know if I can use the Automate to add a specific logo, or text to hundreds of images without touching anything? I mean fully automatically. If not, is there any idea what software can do this for me? Maybe a shareware one?

Thanks in advance!
Greetings, neu

theGuest
04-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah, you should be able to do that easily with an Action.

To create this action, first open your logo image (make sure it's flattened and has NO background colour), then open any other photo. Use a dummy photo or a copied version; this procedure is going to wreck the dummy photo to create this action.
If you need to use specific text instead of a premade logo image, open a new document and create the text.

Before recording (and also when applying the Batch command for real), copy your logo or text to the clipboard first.

Start recording your action. Walk through the steps of the Action.
Paste the logo into your dummy photo document. The logo will paste in the center.
Link together the logo and photo layers. Then click on the Background layer to activate it.
Then click the small arrow on your Actions tab. Select "Add Menu Item". Choose from the Layer menu, "Align Linked". Choose Bottom Edges. Repeat this "Add Menu Item" step but choose Right Edges this time. This moves the logo into the bottom right corner of the photo.
Now unlink the 2 layers and click on the logo layer.
Hold the SHIFT key and tap your up arrow key once.
Repeat that but tap your left arrow key once.
This moves the logo 10 pixels away from the docment's edges.
Now flatten this document, and choose 'Save' from the FILE menu.

Stop recording now.
Save this Action now for safety sake.

Close the dummy photo document.

Open the Automate>Batch command now and setup your options the way you'd like. Generally... just choose the Source Folder, then under 'Destination', choose "Save and Close". Then just choose your new Action from the list at the top of the window, and run the command.

CAUTION: to avoid any snafu issues, i'd suggest you apply this process to duplicates of your original photos. You can never be too safe. ;)
Any questions just ask. :bounce:

PS: i've created this action myself to ensure that it does in fact work. ;)

neu
04-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Thank you! It sounds very perfect for the purpose I'd like to use it! I'll try it soon, and I report my results :) :thumbsup:

Greetings ,neu

neu
04-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Hello,

I tried it, and it's working! Thank you! The only problem I still have is that it's always asking for jpeg compression parameters before saving....how can it be made with set it only once?

Thank you!
Greetings, neu

theGuest
04-21-2005, 06:27 AM
Yeah that's usually an issue for most, but it's easy to resolve.

In your action, remove the last couple steps whereby you want the action to Save and close the files. So the last step should then be the flattening of the document.

Now when you Batch the action to your files, in the Destination section option menu choose "Save And Close". Nothing else in this section should be active or selected below this option.

That should resolve and dialogue windows coming up.

:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2005, 06:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.