PDA

View Full Version : Small enough concept?

Trojan123
04-14-2005, 10:24 PM
It's easy to come up with high-concept ideas for films. However, for the beginner, it can be a challenge to come up with a low enough concept to be "do-able"- and still be interesting. How have you overcome these hurdles?

SB

fwtep
04-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Come up with lots and lots of concepts. One or two are sure to be doable. It can also help to brainstorm ideas with a friend, as long as the friend is really into it. You'd be amazed at how often a little comment or idea will spark something great.

Fred

Megalodon
04-15-2005, 12:24 AM
I completely agree with Fred on this. If you have a friend (who of course is "into it") you can bounce ideas off of each other and come up with really great things. A co-worker (and co-writer) of mine worked out an entire film idea in an evening - she would come up with something, then I would build on what she said, then she would twist something to make it more interesting.... etc. This kind of brainstorming session can really help to create new ideas and weed out bad ones. IMHO, there is really NO better way than getting at least two people who are passionate about filmmaking (or a genre, or....) and offering various ideas. It's great AND most often fun.

Good Luck!

Megalodon

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2005, 12:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.