PDA

View Full Version : CR 250 Dirtbike

Slicknic
10-02-2002, 06:55 AM
Tell me what you think:beer:

kag122
10-02-2002, 07:17 AM
Hi there,

nice start though there are some things that you should look at.

the back suspension of the bike is too low, its asif someone is sitting on it but they are invisible, meaning the suspension looks compressed.

The seat should be thicker and the fuel tank should be more pronounced from the seat. If you look at some references the fuel tank should "step up" from the seat because the size it is now you wont have enough fuel to go anywhere

:)

also the back mudguard should be more curved and not so straight out the back.
the bike also need more detail near the contact points (the bits under the engine, round brown bit) are there cooling fins in there?
Great start though.

visualboo
10-02-2002, 07:18 AM
Pretty close so far :thumbsup: Post more :)

ok....
The rims and frame are WAY to chrome (unless your going for that polished look. The spokes are few and far between. The radiator shroud is shaped kinda funny. The sticker on the shroud isn't like the real one (what year btw?). the shader you used on the fork tubes is DEAD on. :thumbsup: The nobbies on the front tire are pretty big. The pipe is a little on the skinny side I think (for a 250 anyway). Is that a DSP cover? :) The swingarm is a bit skinny too. No drilled rotors? Is it me or is that rear shock facing the wrong way? Foot peg and brake pedal look funny... can get a handle on what it is from that angle. The front fender is a bit square.

Sorry I know that was a bunch of "this is off" kind of comments but that's just because I race moto (and that's my bike) and I worked for and did all the graphics for Jimmy Button :)

Anymore angles? What software?

visualboo
10-02-2002, 07:24 AM
the bike also need more detail near the contact points (the bits under the engine, round brown bit) are there cooling fins in there?
It's liquid cooled so there's no need for fins

Yeah, I forgot to mention. Unless it's set up for charmichael or jeff ward the back suspension is a bit low like kag mentioned :D

Also, don't forget to keep proportions in mind (lengh/height/width of bike).

edit: dang I forgot :) the distance from the front of the seat to the tank is a bit to far. Should be a bit closer.

visualboo
10-02-2002, 11:36 PM
Hope I didn't discourage you :beer:

Slicknic
10-03-2002, 08:33 AM
thanks for all the tips on how to make it better

wasted weasel
10-03-2002, 01:35 PM
wow, i was working on a CR250 model about a month ago too.

great stuff, it's nice to see something different than the same Ducati 996/916/999 over and over again.

i like your model so far, maybe the rear wheel is a bit too big in diameter though, and that's why it looks like the rear suspension is compressed.

also the seat might need to be a little thicker, and the espansion chamber coming out of the front of the engin needs to be a little bigger me thinks.

this is the ref pic i was working from.

great stuff, keep up the good work (are you a biker as well or just decided to do a model out of intrest??)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.