PDA

View Full Version : Open volunteer 3D artist/animator position / Lone Wolf Online freeware MMORPG

LWO-Mikael
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Hello,

My name is Mikael Louys and I'm the Project Manager for the Lone Wolf Online (http://www.lonewolf-online.com (http://www.lonewolf-online.com)) freeware MMORPG.

Lone Wolf is a collection of 28 gamebooks (8 million copies sold between 1984 and 1995, translated in 19 countries), created by Joe Dever and Gary Chalk in 1984. It has been adapted to a role-playing game by Mongoose Publishing in 2004 under Open Game License; it uses the Mongoose's OGL System. The first twenty are being made available as Project Aon Internet editions.
The action takes place in a heroic fantasy world, Magnamund, which was also used for another collection ot four books called The World of Lone Wolf (Grey Star the Wizard).

Our game will start to be available for open prebeta testing in about one month.

We currently need the help of any 3D artist volunteer. Even if you can help punctually, that would be very much appreciated, this freeware MMORPG only depends on its contributors, and we need more modeling help now that we are close to launch the prebeta.

Here is the details for the position :

3D Artist/Animator

Will create models for characters of the game (players and NPCs), buildings, terrain, items...and if possible some rendered animations.

Skills needed :
- Good modeling and texturing skills.
- Knowledge of major 3D programs (3DStudio MAX, Maya...)
- Bent for medieval setting.

To apply, please send this information to postmaster@lonewolf-online.com (postmaster@lonewolf-online.com) :
- Full Name, Email, Country, MSN address
- Previous experiences on other 3d related projects.
- Programs you use to model (3DSMax, Maya, Blender, etc...). Please tell us how many years of experience you have in those.
- Previous experiences on RPGs. Which tabletop games you played. If you have been DM and for how much time. Which RPG computer games you played.
- Send or point with an URL to some rendered images of models made by you, Models can be buildings, items, or characters
- Try to tell us the type of models you would like to work on in Lone Wolf Online.

I hope you will contact me soon at postmaster@lonewolf-online.com (postmaster@lonewolf-online.com) ! For more info, go visit the Lone Wolf Online website.

Thank you for you time,

Mikael Louys
Project Manager
Lone Wolf Online

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.