PDA

View Full Version : Selecting polys based on normal direction

ApocX
02-14-2002, 11:42 AM
Basically my problem is I inadvertently merged 2 layers of the same surface, and part got offset / flipped. The geometry is too complicated / intertwined to go in and manually delete stuff. So basically all I need to do is select all the polys with normals facing *inward* and nuke those.

Can't seem to figure this out, and the only plugins I've found (like Planar selection) lead to dead links. And yes, I've searched through Flay.

If anyone knows how to do this in modeler, great. If anyone knows where I can find a plugin, even better. If anyone knows the normal method / property of the selpolygon function in lscript, so be it.

Thanks for any help.

ApocX
02-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Stupid me, it's the polynormal function, regardless, it's not like it returns a 1 for polys facing out / 0 for polys facing in. I'm not so great at scripting, so if I can avoid it, that would kick ass.

Lizard Head
02-15-2002, 05:33 AM
www.flay.com
Run a serch in the plugins area using the word "select" as a key word and you will find several options for selection based on different situations.

Lizard*

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.