PDA

View Full Version : Bending a spring in Layout?

MattCF
04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me, is there a way of bending a spring in Layout without the shape of the actual 'wire' being deformed? It's for a print project so I don't need to animate it but I'd like to be able to adjust it in Layout to create different poses.

I've created an Endomorph of the spring stretching in length, but I can't find a way of getting this to follow a path that I can manipulate in layout without the wire bulging where the spring bends. I've tried Curve Conform, which when Align is checked keeps the springs shape but can't edit in LW, C Bend looks also looks like a good option if I have to do it in Modeler. In LW I've made some attempts using bone chains, Splinamate and Bezier Bend but as far as I could see these distort the spring out its true shape. I'm using 7.5 on a Mac so IK Booster, Trailer and Shift Spline Transform are out of the question.

I'm sure there must be a way of doing it with one of these, I'm fairly new to Lightwave so no doubt have missed something along the way.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.