PDA

View Full Version : Lion into Birds

Pretorian
04-14-2005, 03:17 AM
How can I "transform" a lion into a lot of birds? Particles?

Thanks

Pretorian
04-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Am I to vague on my question?

Thanks

frogspasm
04-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Yes, I would say particles would be a good bet.

You might want to be a little bit more descriptive of exactly what you want to do, and what you are doing it for. You also might want to tell us a some of the thinking you've done about the problem. Maybe tell us what kinds of software packages you are working with to try to achieve your goal.

It's kind of like you're asking someone to do alot of brainwork for you.
It may have seemed like a really simple question you asked, but it's really not.

~Mike D.

Pretorian
04-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh, sorry!

This was just and example. What I want to do is take something that is "running" and make a morph" to another thing. Another example, a car running on a round and after some moments it turn into a bird (or some birds) and fly away, something like that.

I'm using After Effects and Combustion.

I didn't thought on asking someone "to do a lot of brainwork for me", I thought on someone explaining how to do a process (effect). Seems I gave the wrong impression...

Thanks

frogspasm
04-17-2005, 10:43 PM
It sounds like you might have to make a matte around the object you want to transform and use that matte to emit particles from. You could make a sprite animation of a flying bird and use that as the basis for your particle. It may look a bit wonky and flat, though, because your particles will be emiting from a 2d area and not a volume.
But you really need a clean background plate or else after your particles finish your original object will still be there.

So your composite would have to be something like this:

1. background plate
2. car, lion, whatever
3. matte created from layer 2
4. particles generated from matte layer 3 (using animated sprite)
5. animated matte of layer 2 dissapearing.

Have fun!

Pretorian
04-20-2005, 03:29 AM
Thanks!

I will try and see what hapend. Seems I will have to track part of it and tracking is not my best. Let's see what I get.

Thanks for the tip!

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2005, 03:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.