PDA

View Full Version : brushes overview

gaspedalo
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Hi!
I think painting with Photoshop is great, but it always takes me so long to choose the
right brushes. So I wonder if anyone has made an overview painting of all the preset
brushes, where one can see how they behave. Another good idea would be a script that could make such an overview automatically.
Daniel

Reaver2k
04-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Thats lazy, stop expecting scripts/actions/plugins to do everything for you everyone. The majority of artwork isn't todo with what brush you use, you can do most things with just a normal preset brush with a range of hardness' and opicity, just experiment you dont need many brushes unless your working on texture.

gaspedalo
04-14-2005, 03:13 AM
1. Scripts are for handling typical actions automatically, like for example building an html table out of several images or like building a preview of several different brushstrokes. In fact, they have NOTHING to do with your present or missing creativity.

2. There are a lot of brushes available in Photoshop and they are good for diverse needs. Some are good for drawing grass, some for clouds, some for shadows, some for dirt. If you need just one tool for all your tasks, congratulations, just use one. But please let everyone else use the other tools as well as he likes. Or do you think that everyone in the world should use the same toilet paper?

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2005, 03:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.