PDA

View Full Version : scenography, j-p jeunet...

samel
04-13-2005, 02:27 PM
hello good people..

i wonder if anyone could provide info about j-p jeunets scenographers..
especially Amelie and a V L Eng. must be among the most beautifully decorated pieces
i've ever seen.. any additional info such as articles on cg,post and conceptuals or links to engaged companies would be most welcome..

thanks //samel

igorsandman
04-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey,
Jeunet's production designer is Aline Bonetto (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0094355/). She works with him since Delicatessen, his first feature film. Here is a list of her awards (http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/filmography.html?p_id=82389&mod=awards)
If you want to know more about the subject, I suggest you try to get a copy of Jeunet's DVDs. They come with more or less interesting extras.
The best film from Jeunet for its sets and props is defenetly La Cité des Enfants Perdus. If you haven't seen it, you should give it a look. Marc Caro did the set designs along with Jean Rabasse. Delicatessen is also good for the sets.
Hope this helps.
-IS-

PS: if you want to know more about jeunet, just ask, I migh be of help.

samel
04-14-2005, 04:34 PM
thanks IS..

i already own a few of jeunets dvd's and the extras is usually quite interesting but not very indepth though..
i think enfants perdus is really great but maybe the set design is a tad dark and murky(?)
i've only seen it once and from what i can remember, it felt very...saturated..like whereas amelie has a more yellowish green washed out and warm feel, lCdEP felt cold and very contrasty..even the characters you were supposed to sympathize with felt wry and a bit uncomfortable..like the little girl (Miette..?) ,i cant remember empathising very much with her..i think i like Aline Bonettos work better, it has better details..i saw another of Marc Caros work, i think, Vidocq, with Gerard Depardieu..it had the same kind of cold weird feel with nothing really standing out but all just being a long wash of dark french catacombs..

PS: if you want to know more about jeunet, just ask, I migh be of help.

well.. it would be really swell if you could get me Audrey Tatous number.. ;)

no but seiously, do you know what he's working on now?
will he be a part of the paris je t'aime collaboration..?

thanks a bunch
//samel

igorsandman
04-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi,

Yes, Caro's touch is more dark and dripping. Yet Aline Bonetto also worked on the film. I understand why you prefer Amelie and Very Long Engagement. There is a video in french on Jeunet's official website where A. Bonetto talks about her work on VLE. Check it here (http://www.jeunetcaro.com/aline.ram)

About Jeunet's future plans, I don't have a clue. Rest, maybe :) And as far as I know, he's not involved in the omnibus "Paris je t'aime".
Cheers.

samel
04-14-2005, 06:12 PM
nice...

thanks for the link.. thats pretty much what i was looking for, although my french sucks..

//samel

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2005, 06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.